Short Story

10 Minutes to Stairway

Written by:

  Lady Mhau <3

What will you do if you only have one day to live?

That is one of the most frequent asked questions yet difficult to answer. But, what if it is not a day that is given to you? What if, it was only 10 minutes that's left? What will you do? Are you going to simply choose dying in bed or you're going to do something worthy for the last minute of your life? Are you going to kneel down and pray to ask God to lengthen your life or you're just going to accept the fact that you're going to die?

 Four years ago, I owned the spotlight. Almost everyone in town adores me.

I have the fame. I have the money. I have the beauty. I almost have everything that every human in this world could asked for not until today. Not until this day that I only have ten minutes to live. Yes, you heard me right! Ten-minutes is all I have before I've reached my end, before I see the stairway all the way to God's Kingdom. Can you believe it? I'm dying!But I don't want to. I don't want to simply die here because of these unknown illness that even the doctors don't know how to cure. Haixt, of all the people why me? I am staring at the ceiling when I remember something, the matter between life and death. Can I consider myself suited in that kind of situation? Well, maybe, because between that two words, life and death, I was still hoping that I can survive. HOPE, that is the last thing that I can give help to those people who are just like me. I immediately get my laptop and set-up its video recorder. I fixed myself and started to set-up the timer. Ten-minutes. I just needed ten more minutes to finish my message 'coz afterall I still do wanted to be remembered by them. Not as the famous or richest girl in town, but as a girl who willingly share her sight to those who are in darkness.