0.3 ❅ 10 Days

CHAPTER THREE 

      DECEMBER 15, 2014 :: 10 DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS ::

      3:06 AM

                “Fuck,” I groaned, feeling an immense pain coursing through my lower abdomen. Quickly, I untangled myself from Noah’s arms and scurried to the bathroom. The ache was spreading throughout my body as I fumbled for my lady products.

                Thirty minutes later, I was situated down low, changed into a pair of sweatpants, and had just finished downing two Advil’s in kitchen. I sat down in front of the kitchen island, debating whether or not to order ice cream.

                “Em,” Noah’s groggy voice caught my attention. He stood by the doorframe of the hotel bedroom, only in a pair of boxers. His floppy brunette hair was all over the place, but it was really cute. “What’re you doing up so early?”

                I blushed, not really wanting to say it. “Uh, well, girl stuff,”

                “Girl stuff?” he asked, dumbfounded. Groaning, I gestured to the bottle of Advil and prayed that he would understand. “What’s that got to—oh.”

                “Yeah,” mumbling, I glanced away.

                He gave off a raspy laugh, “Want some ice cream, babe?”

                “Chocolate, please.” With that said, I laid my head down on the cold, granite counter of the kitchen island. The sound of Noah’s steps were disappearing, meaning he went to call room service.

                ❅  ❅  ❅  ❅  ❅

      3:27 AM

                “Sorry for calling so early in the morning, sir,” I politely apologized. The male lightly nodded his head, accepting my apology, before entering the room with a cart of ice creams and their toppings.

                There were, at least, eight different flavors of ice creams in his cart; these were accompanied by sprinkles, whipped topping, chocolate syrups, bowls, bananas, and anything else you would need for a creamy treat.

                It was safe to say, I was in heaven.

                “We have vanilla, chocolate, cotton candy, cookies n’ cream, vanilla fudge ripple, strawberry, butter pecan, and rocky road.” He listed, pointing at each tub as he recited its title. “What would you like?”

                I glanced at his nametag, learning that his name was Camden. This guy looked as if he were still in high school.

                “I think I’m in the mood for a vanilla fudge ripple, Camden,” acknowledging his name, I giddily told him what I wanted. He chuckled at my reaction and got out a small bowl before I stopped him. “Uh, could I have, maybe, a bigger bowl?”

                He laughed at that. “Yeah, sure.” Putting the miniature bowl back where he grabbed it, he pulled out a much bigger dish that satisfied me. Camden began placing large scoops into the bowl until it couldn’t hold anymore.

                Picking up a can of Reddi Whip, he raised a brow. Excitedly, I nodded, and he began to drench my sugary delight with whipped cream.

                Smiling, he handed me the bowl of potential diabetes, “Here you go, ma’am.”

                Snatching it from his hands within seconds, I replied, “Thank you, and call me Emaline.”

                “That’s a pretty name,” he quietly spoke, “very unique.”

                “Thank you,” I responded, “also, I apologize for calling so early, won’t disturb you anymore.”

                “Nah, it’s no problem,” he brushed my apology off, “call anytime.” Clutching onto his ice cream cart, he began to depart until I stopped him.

                “Hold on, let me tip you for your kind service,” I smiled, setting down my ice cream and heading back into the bedroom as Noah exited it.

                Scavenging through my suitcase, I was in search of my wallet. As soon as my fingers brushed the leathery feel of it, I clutched it into my hand and headed back out. When I was out, I noticed he had left already. Well, damn.

                Noah was sat on the sofa, watching something on the television. “He said he was in a hurry.”

                Oh. “He didn’t seem too rushed earlier.”

                “His boss must’ve called or something,”

                “Noah,” I smiled lightly, “did you kick him out of the hotel room?” He was silent for a moment, which was enough for me to understand. Noah was jealous. Of what? I wasn’t too sure, but I was going to find out. “Noah?”

                “He was weird, anyway,” he mumbled, crossing his arms. I probably shouldn’t have, but I laughed. He was acting so childish, it was undeniably cute yet hilarious at the same time.

                “Oh, really? How?” I asked in between laughs.

                “He smiles too much at you, okay?” he groaned, not wanting to admit his own jealousy. “I didn’t like it.”

                “You smile at me,” I pointed out, smiling.

                “But he’s weird, and I’m your boyfriend.”

                Laughing at his cuteness, I grabbed my ice cream and plopped down next to him. “So you were jealous?”

                “Definitely not,” he denied.

                “It’s okay, babe,” I teased him, shuffling closer to him.

                “Maybe I was,” he mumbled, “but he is still weird.”

                At least, he admitted it. I let go of the subject and continued to shovel delightful dessert in my mouth.

                “I wouldn’t have noticed, I only noticed you.” I mocked him from the long plane ride that got us here. He sent a glare my way and dipped two fingers into my ice cream without warning. “Hey!” I shouted as he smeared it onto my face.

                “Love you,” he grinned.

                “I hate you,” and it was now my turn to glare at him.

                ❅  ❅  ❅  ❅  ❅

               [ hello :: a/n :: okay wow well this update probably really sucked and i’m sorry. i was dealing with things during the break. i was planning on updating this on christmas but guess not. wow christmas already passed, so this story definitely did not finish when i planned it too but oh well hope you liked it. if you did, please comment what you think xoxo ]