Enter: Haruko Keikaishin

Chapter One

~Haruko~

UA High School, the best school Japan has to offer for kids with quirks. Pro heroes teaching kids how to master their quirks, teaching them to be heroes. That's what I want... I want to be a great hero! One of the best. I had to beg my grandma to let me come here, and she finally said yes. I had to finish my first semester back in London, but once classes were over I hopped on a plane and flew over to Japan where I met the principal and got my classroom assignment.

"Class 1A," Haruko whispered to herself, looking up from the paper the small mouse principal gave to her.

This is it. A whole new semester at the world renowned UA High School. First impressions mean everything, time to make a good one!

Upon opening the door, there was a horrifyingly loud thud that definitely didn't sound like a wall.

"Oh My God! Mr. Aizawa! Are you alright?" a boy yelled. Haruko froze with her hand grasping the sliding door with a white knuckle grip.

Oh great.. I just whacked the teacher, and now everyone is looking at me.

"Who on Earth do you think you are! Ruining our class time like this!" another boy who stood at the front of the room asked in a very intimidatingly echoey voice.

"I, uh, am the new student," Haruko said, her fingers trembling against the door, too scared to let go of the thing.

"Nice going, idiot, way to maim our teacher!" a different boy said in a harsh low voice, glaring straight at her.

"Kacchan! Don't say that," the first boy said. Haruko had no idea what was happening or what she had gotten herself into, but all of a sudden she wanted to just close the door and go to a new classroom.

"That's enough," a tired grumble of a voice said from the floor. Slowly, a man in a yellow sleeping bag sat up and unzipped himself, standing up and stretched a little. "Everyone, this is Haruko Keikaishin, she is the new exchange student we are getting for this class," the teacher said, looking down at Haruko, who was still too afraid to move. "You can call me Mr. Aizawa, there is an empty seat in the back by Todoroki, go take your seat,"

Haruko turned and looked in the back, seeing the empty seat next to a boy she recognized from TV. He was the boy who got second place at the UA sports festival, and his quirk was super powerful.

I had admired him ever since I saw him use both his ice and fire... he reminds me of my sister that way. I want to be like that, strong enough to be able to use my quirk properly.

Slowly she walked back to the desk, her head down out of the pure humiliation she felt from that entrance she made in front of her entire class and new set of peers. She got back to her desk, dropped the case she carried her things in, and immediately put her head down on the desk, hiding her shame.

Who's going to want to be my friend now? I'm just a bumbling klutz who bruised my teacher on the first day of school.

~~~

Haruko was the last of the class to leave.

"Haruko, can you stay so I can talk to you?" Aizawa asked. She walked over to his desk and stood in front of it, holding her case in front of her knees.

"The class has already been through a lot of training, so you'll have to be able to catch up to where they are at. Since you got in through recommendation I expect that to be true. They have already proven themselves with the quirk evaluation test, the festival, and the internships. They also have come up with their hero names so by tomorrow I want you to come in with your hero name to share to the class. We also are going to start training tomorrow, to move your quirks up in advancement and polishing moves. I expect to see the best of what your quirk can do, so you better bring everything you got and impress me," he said.