Enter: Rin Togireru

Chapter four

~Rin~

Rin had been going to U.A high school since the beginning of the semester, and yet he still felt like he was nothing but a background character. No one really noticed him and his quirk wasn't anything flashy, not like Bakugou, and he wasn't necessarily powerful like Todoroki or Midoriya, and he never really put himself out there like Aoyama; Rin saw himself as painfully average, and all though he wished he could put himself out there, he was afraid of doing that to himself... because what if people didn't like him? Rin lived on the second floor of the dorms and he usually spent his time alone in his room, too anxious to go out and socialize, but sometimes Aoyama would get him to come out with him.

It was the Friday before the weekend where the kids could finally have much needed relaxation, but today's class was another quirk evaluation test.

"Ah! Good morning my handsome companion!" Aoyama said, waiting by the elevator for Rin to come out of his room.

"I'm not handsome," he responded softly and shuffled his feet down the hall toward his only friend in the class.

"Oh but you are! Not as sparkling as me but you have a beautiful face," Aoyama smiled, throwing his arm around the boy's neck in an awkward sort of hug, even though Rin was taller than him by at least four inches.

"I don't have a beautiful face, please stop saying that," Rin mumbled even quieter than before. It was an odd couple, Rin and Aoyama, Rin was so timid and anxious compared to Aoyama who was loud and outgoing.

"Oh hush! We need to get going to class, but I need to stop and get my belt fixed at tech support, it broke again," Aoyama said and held up the large band he usually had around his waist.

"How did you break it?" Rin asked.

"Not important! I just need it fixed before the exam," Aoyama laughed. "Which means you're going to have to walk to class alone," he said. It wasn't that Rin was afraid of walking to class alone, he just liked being able to hide behind Aoyama's big personality gave him comfort.

While Rin walked down the hall by himself, he stared at the floor and tried to keep his arms in tight so he didn't bump into anyone while he walked, physical contact made him nervous.

"Hey!" Rin looked up to see Midoriya had turned around to greet him but his smile and him walking over to him made Rin's stomach knot up. Instantly he reached his hand out and touched Midoriya on the chest and the peer from his class stopped moving, like he had turned into a statue with that same silly grin on his face. Rin covered his mouth and quickly walked away from the frozen Midoriya, turning the corner as quick as he could, pushing his back up against the wall, taking deep breaths to calm his nerves.

Oh God ... that stupid smile... I can't handle that, and what would I even have said? What if he wasn't even coming toward me?

Rin peeked around the corner and then unfroze Midorya, and watched as the boy looked around confused.

"Midoriya! What are you doing out here? We are going to be late for class if you keep gawking around," Iida said as he sped walked down the hall toward Midoriya.

"Oh... well I thought I saw Rin from our class and I wanted to offer to walk with him, but I think he disappeared," Midoriya said as he rushed after Iida.

"I have no idea what you're going on about my friend! But I refuse anyone from class 1-A to be late!" Iida cried as the two boys turned the corner into the classroom. Rin watched all of that unfold, sighing softly and allowing his dark hair to fall down into his eyes and slowly shuffled his way down into the classroom, taking his seat on the very end next to the door.