CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVEEARTH SKILLS"didn't they tell you that i was a savage"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FIVE
EARTH SKILLS
"didn't they tell you that i was a savage"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     "His pulse is three eighty."

     Dylan, Monty and Clarke were all sitting around a barely breathing Jasper. Monty was still focused on his wristband, while Clarke was hunched over Japser, checking his pulse. Dylan felt bad for what she had said yesterday, so she decided to babysit the nearly dead boy along with Monty. She was really starting to grow tired of his groans of pain, but it was the least she could do after he had saved both her and Octavia.

     She hadn't apologized. She didn't really do apologies, but she was trying to make up for it by simply being there. As well as that, she made sure to shut anyone who had anything bad to say about the dying boy up. Monty noticed, and silently continued to work on the wristband, grateful to her.

     It was late, nightfall had fallen over, and almost the entire camp had gone to sleep. Well, tried to. The entire camp was restless, Jasper's groans keeping everyone up. "Go back to sleep!" Someone yelled from outside the dropship. "Quiet!" Another voice yelled.

     "Don't listen to them. You're gonna make it through this, okay? Promise." Clarke reassured the boy. It didn't silent him. Finally having enough, Dylan jumped to her feet, sending both Clarke and Monty a half hearted smile.

     "I'm gonna get clean water. I'll be right back." She said, hurrying down the ladder to the second floor. His continuous moans were slightly muffled when she exited the ship, but not nearly enough for her to find peace. 

     She had no intention of returning with water, which Clarke and Monty already knew. So, Clarke excused herself to do it herself.

     Dylan slumped down on a tree stump infront of a fire, leaning against Murphy's side. "Damn." She sighed out of exhaustion. "I'm tired." She yawned. Murphy chuckled, throwing an arm around her shoulders. His instant warmth surrounded her, shielding the cold air from reaching her.

     "Same, that damn kid won't shut up." He growled in annoyance. Dylan nudged him.

     "Yeah, but that damn kid saved me from being snake dinner, so." She defended. She felt her eyes drop, but was startled by yet another set of groans.

     "Yeah, well I'm about to make him dinner." Dylan snorted, pulling away from his embrace. She rubbed her eyes aggressively. At least on the Ark it wasn't impossible to get a good nights sleep.

     "Where you going?" Murphy asked when the girl jumped to her feet. She stretched her short legs and arms, forcing her brown hair into a lazy ponytail.