Prologue and Chapter 1

Prologue

In the beginning the spirit of creation, made the world. He created the oceans, the continents, the forests and hills, the mountains and the marshes. Then he disappeared. Thousands of years later, five spirits made the five fundamental elements: Cursed flame, Ichor, Crystal, Ice and Jungle. Now all they needed is a person to give the powers of the elements to. These people were called guardians.

YN POV

Cold... So cold... I need help. My "Father" Tayang Xiao Long, hit me again. His daughters Ruby and Yang, AKA my "sisters" would join in every now and then, and I do not know the reason. Why? Why would one hit their own son or brother until he lies in a literal pool of his own blood? For years. They'd hurt me every day. Kicking, punching, slicing, or shooting me. But no more. I'll run away. Maybe someone will take me in. Raise me like a son. If not... I'll end it all. 14 years. For 14 years I've been enduring. I'm done with this. Only 11 years of constant pain. It all started a year after Ruby was born. It's cold again. Oh. Here they come. Here we go again.

Tai – Why!? Won't!? You!? React to anything!!?

I got kicked in the stomach and I coughed up blood. Just another Tuesday for me. Oh how I wished I'd be anywhere else. I'm close to breaking. Get away and stay away.

??? – Do you want power?

YN – Yes.

??? – Then I grant you the power of the cursed flame. But remember. With great power, comes great responsibility.

YN – I will.

I felt power flow through me and my wounds healed.

Tai – Uhh kid? What are you doing?

Green fire wrapped around me but it didn't hurt.

YN – Good bye Tai Xiao Long. Hope to never see you again.

And so I teleported to Mistral and wouldn't be heard for a year.

Tai – Son? Come back... Come back!

But I didn't come back. Never.

Chapter 1 Beacon of hope andnightmares

YN's POV

I was on a bullhead heading to beacon. Everything was good. Because of Yang though I was wearing an obsidian helmet that covered my face, as well as the rest of the armor. It wasn't actually obsidian. It was shadow gold, found only near graveyards. Luckily When I got my powers I got a full set of shadow gold armor so I didn't have to dig up any graves. That'd be just morbid.

??? – Oh my god, I can't believe my little sister is going to beacon with me! Everybody is going to think you are the bees knees!

No. I was ready to handle Yang, but not Ruby. Why does the world keep insulting me!? As I spaced out the bullhead arrived, and a boy rushed out and threw up. Poor guy. I was walking around, I heard an explosion. Going to the source, I found Ruby and a white haired girl who was 100% sure a Schnee. Going to help said Schnee I saw her berating Ruby.

Schnee girl – Do you have any idea what damage you could've done!?

YN – Ruby. Be more careful. We don't want you to die do we!? Well I sincerely do but that's my problem. You okay?

I asked the Schnee girl.

Schnee girl – Yeah. Thanks. I'm Weiss Schnee. What's your name?

YN – YN Prime, formerly known as YN Xiao Long. The stupid girl that exploded is Ruby Rose, sister of Yang Xiao Long.