Chapter 5 Killing the queen of shadows

YN's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since that mission. The Vytal festival was coming up quickly, and there was going to be a dance. I of course wanted to ask Weiss, but was too nervous to actually ask her out. Finally I decided to just ask her when we are alone together. That time came when we were studying in the library.

YN – Hey Weiss! I've been wanting to ask a question.

Weiss – What is it?

YN – Will you go to the dance with me?

Weiss – Of course I will. Finally you asked me.

Soon the day of the dance came. I decided to wear my solar cultist robe without the hood. I also had armor ready to fight in case anything would happen. In the evening I went out to walk a bit and to let the girls prepare. After an hour, I went back to the dorm I that Neptune dude trying to make Weiss dance with him instead of me. I decided to tap him on the shoulder to tell him that he's gonna end up killed if he won't leave Weiss alone. Neptune apologized and quickly got away, while Weiss just chuckled.

Weiss – Never thought you'd be the scary type without armor.

YN – Never mind that. Shall we?

Ruby – Big bro has a crush! Big bro has a crush!

YN – Call me big bro one more time, your legs will be the crushed object.

I walked out to the dance floor with Weiss, and we were having fun. Forgetting all our worries and pains even if only for a moment. Then a slow dance started, and Weiss decided to tell me that she had a crush on me ever since the fight against the destroyer. I hugged her, and smiled. Then the moment was interrupted by Ruby.

Ruby – Hey YN! Kiss her already!

I froze up due to my past and memories started to flood my mind. Being abused, yelled at for no good reason, Yang in general and my envy as Ruby and Yang got all the love while I was laying in my own blood.

??? – YN, you alright?

I couldn't make out the source. It was familiar, but I didn't recognize it from my time at the Xiao Long family, and no other memories were in my mind at the moment.

??? – Please answer me YN. Are you alright?

YN – Just dandy.

Weiss POV

We were in the infirmary. YN collapsed after Ruby yelled at him. I doubt it was very healthy for him. I decided to stay a bit there with him. After I asked him whether or not he was okay, he mumbled;

YN – Just dandy.

I wrapped an arm around him, so he could feel that someone was there for him. It was nice, but he still didn't seem to recognize me. And then Neptune asked me if we could talk in private a bit. He tried to get me to go out with him instead of YN. I politely refused. He then tried to punch me, and I closed my eyes but never felt anything. When I opened my eyes I saw a wall of green fire between me and Neptune. I looked around to see YN holding out his hand towards the fire. Then he looked at Neptune and said;

YN – Touch my girlfriend one more bloody time. I dare you. You'll be a statue. Made of obsidian. It hurts.

Then the wall exploded and grimm came pouring in.

YN POV

Grimm. Of course my romantic hero moment had to be interrupted by them. I sprayed cursed flame around burning all the grimm. Well, burning is the wrong word. It's actually turning them into obsidian. I sprayed more cursed flame, when I saw a woman that looked like a grimm. She was holding a celestial sigil, which meant, that she was going to summon the lunar ruler, moon lord. Or was his name Steve? Oh well. I let cursed flame incase my whole body, and summoned my armor. Terrarian in my left hand, and SDMG in my right. I loaded some holy bullets and sprayed the grimm woman, which killed her instantly due to light hitting dark. Before she died however she made a portal that sucked me in. I was not in renmant anymore.

(Author's note: Read BBATerrarian's story too! It is awesome. Next time I'll drop YN on earth and he's back being 8, thus wrapping the story up and linking it into the Triple elemental mage book)