Chapter 13: You Are Mine

R: Pari... Ruko...

He wakes up.. Sweat beads formed on his forehead. His breathings heavy.. Realising it was a dream he sighed. It was evening. The sum had set. " Nhi.. Mai use kho nhi sakta. Par mai kr bhi kya sakta hu. Wo meri nhi hai. Aaj wo hamesha ke liye kisi aur ki ho jayegi." The thought of losing her ached his heart. He could not see her with anyone else.

She looked her reflection. It was the day. Her big day. Everything was set. But she felt lost. Lost in her own thoughts. Did she want all this ? Why was everyone so happy and rejoicing while she could not find her smile ? She closed her eyes. When she opened them she saw him looking at her in the mirror. She stood and turned around. He was dressed in the same attire he had asked him to wear on this special day. He looked sauve. But she could not meet his eye. She looked down feeling uneasy from his penetrating gaze. He simply looked at her standing motionless.

He kept staring at her. His jaw had dropped when he had entered the room. The heavy makeup. Her features highlighted beautifully. The golden jhumkas. The matching jwellery. The grand neck piece like the ones she used to wear while playing he empress. The heavy veil and her henna covered hands. Her red pouty lips. She was chewing her lips from inside trying hard not to cry.

He eyes were asking her Do you really want this? Do you really want to leave me?Why are you doing this? In a swift motion he stood in front of her.

R: Wow you look beautiful.

She smiled.

P: Tum bhi bohot ache lg rhe ho.

Silence. Awkward silence for both of them. Both knew each other so well but still could not understand each other. "Ye bag?" she asked pointing towards the trolley bag kept at the door. "Han woh mai.. " he said scratching the back of his neck. "Rajat..?" she insisted. "Mai wapas dilli ja raha hun." He said. "Kya? Par kyu? Aur wo show.? She asked. "Tum bhi to show nhi kar rhi. I wont work with any other actress. He stated firmly. "Mai nhi kr rhi kyuki.... Acting to tumhara passion h na. Aur mai pta nahi kab wapas acting krungi. Kab tak yu hi rahoge?" she said. "Tumhara bhi to sapna tha na acting karna. Tum bhi to kisi ke liye apne sapno par tala laga rahi ho." He said. She had no answer to this. Changing the topic at once she asked "Meri shadi tak to ruk jate?"

R: Kyu kar rhi ho ye shadi?

P: Phir wohi baat. Rajat.. She said with watery eyes.

R: Hatho mei mehendi ye shadi ka lehenga. Ye heavy makeup jwellery.. Par chehre par ek smile nhi h. Kise bewakoof bana rhi ho. Asal zindagi mei alliance..? Kya tumhe paka yakeen hai ye tumhara Jalal banega. Kyu kar rhi ho ye samjhota? Apni khushiyo se. Par ab jabki tumne faisla kar liya h Mrs. Tarun baneka to mai to kaun hota hu tumhe rokne wala. It was really nice meeting you Miss Paridhi Sharma. Wish you all the best for your future.

He said almost chocked He voice was cracking. His eyes were moist. Keeping a box gift wrapped in pink with a white ribbon he turned to keave when he felt a hand on his. He turned to find her hugging him tightly as if he would vanish the next moment forever. Tears made way down her cheeks. She was shocked to hear him. She had no words. He was right afterall. She was making a compromise in her life. Just to escape him. Just to escape her feelings. For the first time he had taken his name properly. Mr. Tarun. Her one decision would ruin 3 lives. Not leaving anyone happy. He hugged her back more tight. Trying to shush her. But who would calm him down. He himself was breaking down.

P: Ab bohot der ho chuki h Rajat. (She said in between her sobs) Ab kuch nhi ho sakta h.

After a while her mom called from outside. It was time for them to part ways. He broke the hug while his heart pained in doing this. Wiping her tears he said " I am sorry. Mai kuch zyada bol gya. Congratulations for the wedding. Mujhe ab jana hoga. Kabhi dilli ayi to phir milenge." Only he knew how hard it was for him to utter every single word at the moment. "Ab rona band karo warna agar usne tumhe aise kharab makeup mei dekh mere sath dilli na a jaye." He said faking a grin. "Aur han gift zarur khol lena." He said before turning towards the door. With trembling hands she picked up the box. She could not see him go. To control her tears he opened it only to cry even harder. Inside was the same jacket she had liked and wanted to buy in lonavala.

Along with his bag full of memories he left. He was out of the house towards his car leaving behind her. He was going towards a new life leaving behind his past. She was going to be his past. His beautiful past. His cheeks were little wet and he controlled more tears from falling. Sitting in the car he left for the Airport. Not to come back in this city of dreams again. The city which is city of dreams for many has now become the city of dreams for him in true sense because he is leaving his dream here. His dream of being with the girl he admired since the day she first walked into the sets in karjat.

Slowly walking down the stairs accompanied by her mom on one side and her friend lavina on the other she had memories flooded in the mind. Her mind was replaying every scene of him, every single moment with him. His smile his smirk his unique way of flirting. The cute nok jhok scenes and the romantics ones on JA. The last trip and the kiss. Her first kiss ever. He gave it to her. Why was she doing this. Why was she denying herself from happiness. Why was she marrying him. She looked up. She saw her brother giving her a 'you are clearly unhappy my dear and its not too late' . Enough. She stopped in her tracks.

"Bas ab aur nahi. I am sorry but Tarun I think I cant marry you" She said which shocked him the most and her family along with guests. Her brother came towards her. He too could not believe his ears.

T: Ye tum kya keh rahi ho. Ye mazak ka time nahi hai paridhi.

P: Mazak to meri zindagi ke sath hone ja rha tha. Par ab nhi. Bhai...

He smiled and nodded handing her the keys. Picking up her heavy lehenga she ran smiling. Tarun ran after her. "Are ruko.. kahan ja rahi ho. ?.. " he said. She ran towards her car was just out of the house when he followed her and asked a police van nearby to stop her. "Sir... ye dekho. Ye meri hone wali wife hai. Mujhe chod ke ja rhi hai. " The officer stopped both of them. "Rukiye madam. Yo ke karne ja ri thi ap. Ek minute ek minute ap toh... " Yes. He was the policeman was on duty on the night of her accident. (Yad h rajat ki haryanvi).

"Manne pata se yo shadi shuda hai. Aur tu kon h? Iske sath jabardatsi shadi krna chahta se... Hawaldar. Andar ker isne.. Ap ja sakti h madam." Without glancing even once at him she started her car hurried towards the airport..

He stood up and was going to pick up his luggage when suddenly someone bumped into him from behind. He turned and his eyes could not believe she was there.

With wide eyes he asked " Tum? Ouch.." She hit him.

"Pehle nahi keh sakte the that you love me. Last moment par bhashan dene ki kya zarurat thi ? Meri almost shadi hone wali thi." She said. "Kisne kaaha tha us taadu se shadi karne liye.? Mujhe thoda late realise hua. " he said. "To ab?" she asked.

R: Ab? Ab dilli jana cancel.

P:Aur?

R: Milke show karenge.

P: Aur?

R: Aur... Is bar tum mujhe subah Gm kehne ke liye call karna.

P: Arghhh.. Tumhara kuch nhi ho sakta. Mai wapas ja rhi hu..

She turned but he held her hand. When she turned back her smiled with the widest grin. Rajat was holding her hand on one knee. "Paridhi Sharma. I love from the bottom of my heart and want to grow old with you. Will you marry me and become Mrs. Paridhi Tokas? " he said in his husky voice while there were whistles and claps by the people around them. "Yes" she replied and he got up and picked her up in her arms and twirled her while she giggled.

She was his heart and he her heartbeat. They both completed each other. Our Parijat.