【prologue】

1 BBY

AKIVA

The screaming seemed endless, the wind was caught up in three year old Aella's ears. All she heard was the rush of the wind and the shattering of glass above their heads. Her protector a woman wearing white all over reached to the little girl and wraps a red scarf around her head protecting her from the falling glass.

The young child cried out when the woman pulled out a gun and began shooting the people in white armor. The woman with a gun in one hand picked up the girl and began running again. The little girl pried open her eyes and watched her home collapse in the distance. Aella's cider eyes scanned the horizon and the smoke was close not far away. Only they were being attacked.

Suddenly more white armored men appear and shoot at the woman in white and herself. The woman falls to the ground when shes struck twice in the back not being able to hear Aellas calls over the village citizens yelling out. The woman hunches over the young girl and shoves her in a sideways trash can. The little girl covered in soot and dust watches as this woman who has watched over her for the first years of her life dies defending her.

The young child hears more shooting and stuffs some of the red scarf into her mouth to muffle her sound of terror. She doesn't know when the screaming stops but all she hears is a scary and unfamiliar voice whisper, "This whole colony... its gone." He seemed sad. Aella began to crawl to get a closer look at him. The trashcan began to roll. The man turned around and cocked his head at the trash can. The footsteps got louder, the child began to shake. But hesitantly she moved toward the opening of the trashcan.

When she came back into the light a man wearing a helmet was waiting two of them actually one looked ready to leaving hovering slightly above the ground, but the other he was crouched down with his head cocked waiting for her. Aella crawled into his arms and together they walked into ash, smoke and a new life.