chapter 1

———— Ashley's POV ————
As I woke up on a bright summers morning in May, I felt excited and nervous because I was moving to LA after living in San Francisco for 12 years!
Even though I miss my family back in Ireland, I know that in LA I will get a lot of amazing opportunities. I moved to America when I was five from Ireland, and my family and I go back to visit every year for Christmas!
I eventually got out of bed, brushed my teeth and put my hair in a messy bun.
I walk down stairs and I saw my mom cooking breakfast.

A: Ashley
M: Melissa
F: Fred
J: Jessica

A: Hey mom! Whatcha cooking?
M: Oh hey honey! It's your favorite, waffles with strawberries! Since it's gonna be your last breakfast with us for a while I decided to make it a good one!
A: Aww, thanks mom!

I can't wait to go to LA but don't get me wrong I will miss my family and friends but I need to get away from San Fran after what happened...

I lost my train of thought when my dad came down stairs looking quite stressed.

F: She didn't come home last night.

He was talking about my sister, Jessica. Jessica and I are complete opposites. Jessica has black hair while I have blonde. Jessica likes heavy metal music while I like pop. Jessica hates me with a passion because she thinks I'm our parents golden child, just because I don't go out every night and I have friends that don't sell drugs. Anyway, it wasn't unusual for her not to come home.

M: It's ok, she will probably be home later.

Time skip

It was nearly 1:00 and I needed to hit the road for 1:30. My dad helped me pack all my suitcases in my car and before I knew it, it was time to say goodbye. I was sad leaving my family but also sad because Jessica hadn't come home yet, when she would usually be home by now.

As I pulled out of my driveway, a tear fell from my face as I was moving to a whole new place and I knew nobody there. I put on my car playlist and jammed to some songs to stop thinking.

I was following the directions on my phone to get to my house, because my birthday is in a month and my parents bought me a house in LA as a surprise so I have no idea what it looks like, I only have the address. I was driving along until the directions told me to turn right, which was strange because it lead into the huge row of massive houses. I pulled over as I wasn't sure if I was at the right place, so I rang my dad.

F: Hello?
A: Hey Dad! I'm following the directions to get to my house but it's lead me to this big estate full of literal mansions! Are you sure you gave me the right address?
F: Umm I'm pretty sure it's the right address. Just drive until you get to the house number 26 and I'll send you a picture of what it looks like.
A: Ok thanks dad!

I kept driving until I reached number 26. My jaw dropped as I saw this beautiful, big house. I was sure this couldn't be mine, so I went to call my dad again but I had a message from him. It was a picture, so I clicked into it and it matched the house right in front of me. I squealed, because it was my literally dream house!!!

I pulled into, what was now my driveway!! And parked my car in my driveway. I got out of my car and I met with the realtor that had sold this house to my dad. He told me that the furniture crew had come and unpacked everything and that I just needed to sign a few papers and it would be mine. I signed them and he hands me my keys.

I opened the door and my jaw dropped as it was fully furnished and beautiful. I explored the house and then got my suitcases from my car and unpacked my clothes.

After what felt like ages I heard a knock at my door. I didn't know who it could possibly be as I wasn't expecting anyone. I made my way to the front door and opened it to see two, very cute boys standing on my front porch.
As they looked up their eyes widened and I got really self conscious because I thought there was something on my face.

A: Um, can I help you?
?: Oh yeah sorry, I'm Josh and this is Anthony and we are your neighbors from next door.

Word count: 812 words