Prequel of Sometime In the Near Distant Future

Sometime In the Near Distant Future

The Prequel

Part 1

Lysander

Chapter 1: Intro

          The world can be very deceiving in dark ways that would kill you without a single remorse. I would know for I too am deceiving to everything. My name is Lysander Shade. It’s the year close yet not too far away from this very present day. The world is healthier than it has been for the last 50 years, the sun shines, the weather acts like how it should be, there are occasional storms. The government is well run and the people are happy. Though happiness comes to an end, and this is my story… how my happiness came to an end.

          I was standing in the in the middle of the street, the sun shining down on my neatly parted black hair, I was feeling a little hot from the sun and due to the fact I was wearing an all-black suit. I adjusted my blue tie, trying to keep myself in line in my head. I glanced down at my black dress shoes that got a little dirt on them and I sighed softly. I then looked up in time to see a girl walking towards me, her auburn hair neatly up in a spiral bun that had loosely tangled from the center of it. Her red dress caught my eye, it had a black rose like satin sash on the side and a bow tied neatly on the back. Though she was wearing black stilettos with her red dress, which caused me to grin as I heard her heels clicked upon the ground.

          “You’re a little late, Evangeline; you didn’t get lost by chance?”  I asked, a small smirk on my face, it was hard to look serious when all I wanted to do was smile. She looked at me with her bright green eyes, making a steady eye contact with me. I knew what she was probably thinking which amused me.

          “Lysander, don’t get full of yourself.” She whispered. “I was looking, unlike you.” I turned my head away letting out a fake scowl when I just wanted to laugh.

          “I was at least here on time. Let’s hope he’s not gone by now.” I say to her causally.

          “Mr. Veronic didn’t leave yet. I saw his limo still here.” Evangeline said, I raised an eyebrow looking at her sternly.

          “When was this?” I ask as we walked into the ‘Midnight Blue Lake’ night club with her at my side.

          “Right when I came over I saw it.” She said as we skimmed the place. There was bar lights flashing, and a dance floor with floor patterns that glowed and a stage full of poles and strippers wearing tiny flashy bikinis and sailor like suits. There was a huge music player system and the D.J had heavy rave music pumping hard, and people were dancing up against each other like flies to corps. Then there was the wall of curtains, private rooms… for strippers and patrons…

          “He’s probably in the back in one of the private rooms.” I say to Evan turning my head in her direction.

          “I hope his wife knows what he’s doing.” She said to me, moving out of the way of a male waiter. He was caring a tray of champagne and was only wearing black leather pants and bright white dress shoes. He was obviously a male stripper.