Lover

As I've previously stated, each of my fanfic chapters are named after a song title that most strongly resonates with the overarching theme of it. I really love the song "Lover" by Taylor Swift; I'm sure most of you reading this have heard the song before. While season three isn't here yet, I've thought about how I imagine Davia and Dennis' relationship progressing. When I think about it, I imagine a very pure and simple kind of love (simple being a good thing). While relationships can be filled with a lot of love, they can also be very complicated and messy. Davia and Dennis have traveled a long road to get to where they were during the last scene of the season 2B finale; remember – they weren't even friends at the start of the show. They've fought, had miscommunications, and hurt one another; but they've also learned a lot about each other. Davia incidentally learned about Dennis' past; he continued to allow her in, and she wound up providing him with potentially life-saving support. In the end, this led to them each improving their lives and realizing what the other meant to them, and falling in love. Ok, enough with my sappy prologue; let's get to it...

INT. COTERIE KITCHEN – MORNING

Davia walks into the kitchen; Alice is there pouring herself a bowl of cereal.

DAVIA: Hey, morning.

Alice quickly turns around with a big smile on her face.

ALICE: Good morning!

Davia glances at Alice with a slight grin on her face and one eyebrow arched.

DAVIA: Clearly, you've already had coffee.

Davia chuckles as she grabs a mug. She yawns while pouring herself a cup of coffee. Alice slowly walks over to Davia at the coffee maker, trying to appear casual. She leans on the counter with one elbow so she's facing Davia and standing just a little bit too close.

ALICE: So...how's it going?

DAVIA: Fine...

Davia looks at Alice out of the corner of her eye with a smirk before heading over to the table with her coffee. Davia takes a seat and then slowly turns her head to look at Alice, who has approached the table and made an unsuccessful attempt to casually sit down in the chair next to hers.

DAVIA: Ok Alice, what's up? You left your cereal on the counter with the milk in it; go get it before it's soggy.

Davia looks over to the counter at Alice's bowl, and then back to Alice who is awkwardly smiling and slightly rocking side-to-side.

ALICE: I was just wondering, you know...how your evening with Dennis was?

DAVIA: It was good...

ALICE: And...?

DAVIA: And...he told me he loved me.

ALICE: Oh my god! He said it! Yay! So...you said it back, right?

DAVIA: Yes, I said it back...it was nice.

ALICE: So, how did the rest of the night go?

Alice looks over at Davia with a grin and nudges her with her elbow.

DAVIA: I don't kiss and tell...

Davia nudges Alice back and chuckles as Mariana walks into the kitchen looking disheveled and wearing the same clothes from the night before. Davia and Alice glance at each other and then look back over to Mariana.

ALICE: Hey...are you just coming home now?

MARIANA: Uh...yea.

DAVIA: Where did you go after you left last night?

Mariana drops her keys, phone, and handbag on the table and sits down across from Alice and Davia, putting her head down in her arms.

MARIANA: I went to Speckulate...