Singers

I will present here 3 popular singers of the 1950s. There will be pictures, small descriptions and few songs from each! There will most likely be a part 2 of this.

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

ELVIS PRESLEY

Birthday : January 8 1935Date of death : August 16 1977Nickname : The KingMusic style : rock n'roll, blues, pop, country, and more

Date of death : August 16 1977
Nickname : The King
Music style : rock n'roll, blues, pop, country, and more.

Life :
This popular American singer, known as The King of Rock N'Roll, was a very flamboyant person. He like to wear wild and coloured stage costumes when performing. He came from a modest family and became one of the biggest names of music. Growing up, Presley's loving family had little money and they moved from place to place frequently. He was raised to have a strong faith in God. He attentes church with his parents, and it is where he got his first important musical influence : gospel. Presley received his first guitar from his mother on his 11th birthday. At school, he won talent shows with it. He pursued a musical career after graduating in 1953. He released his first single "That's All Right" in 1954.
In 1956 he scored his first No.1 single with "Heartbreak Hotel". He caused a lot of uproar with his said "sexy" dance moves. In the same year he signed a movie contract with Paramount Pictures. He became very popular then. He was inducted in the army in 1957. While in Germany, he met Priscilla Beaulieu with whom he fell in love. They married on May 1st of 1967. When he comes back in the USA in 1960s, he continues his musical career as well as his actor career. On February 1st 1968, Elvis and Priscilla's daughter is born. They name her "Lisa Marie". The couple divorced in 1973. In the 1970s Elvis became addict to prescription drugs. He does 2 overdoses in 1973. His health becomes even worse from 1974. He dies of a heart attack in 1977.

Song suggestions :
Can't Help Falling In Love With You
Love Me Tender
Jailhouse Rock
Hound Dog
Blue Suede Shoes

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

CHUCK BERRY

Birthday : October 18 1926Date of death : March 18 2017Nickname : The father of Rock N'Roll Music style : rock n'roll, rhythm and blues, blues

Date of death : March 18 2017
Nickname : The father of Rock N'Roll
Music style : rock n'roll, rhythm and blues, blues.

Life :
Charles Edward Anderson Berry is born in October in Saint-Louis, Missouri. He is the fourth child out of six of his family. The Berry family lives in the African-American neighborhood, which is relatively prosperous, called The Ville. Charles Berry is interested to music from a young age and performs in public for the first time at his highscool. At his school, his sings in the Glee Club and learns to play guitar. In 1944 he is arrested for robbing three stores and stealing a car with his friends. He gets out in 1947. Charles Berry gets married in 1948 to Themetta Suggs. Together they have a daughter named Darlin Ingrid Berry in 1950. (They will have 4 children in total). In order to support his family, he takes on various jobs and manages to buy a little house. He also plays in the bars and clubs with local bands in order to make extra money. In 1955, Chuck goes to Chicago where he signs with Chess Records. He then produces Maybellene which becomes a hit. In 1956 he releases Roll Over Beethoven. From 1957 to 1959 he also produces a dozen of singles that get popular. In 1966 he changes company from Chess Records to Mercury Records. In 1970 he goes back to Chess Records. He remains a big star even though he is a part of many scandals. He dies in 2017 of heart failure.

Song suggestions :
Maybellene
Johnny B. Goode
Roll Over Beethoven
Go, Johnny Go!
No Particular Place To Go

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

BILL HALEY

Birthday : July 6 1925Date of death : February 9 1981Music style : rock n'roll, country, rockabilly

Date of death : February 9 1981
Music style : rock n'roll, country, rockabilly.

Life :
William John Clifton Haley was a pioneer of Rock N'Roll music. He was born in Michigan. In 1929 he undergoes an inner-ear mastoid opération which accidentally damaged an optic nerve, leaving him completely blind in his left eye for the rest of his life. It is said that he adopted his curl over the right eye to distract from the left one. It became his gimmick and added to his popularity. He produced his first record in 1948 and the next year settled as a disc jockey in Pennsylvania. At this time, he played with bands, and continued recording country songs until 1951, when he recorded hit "Rocket 88" (rhythm and blues). In the same year he changed his group's name from Bill Haley's Saddlemen to Bill Haley and His Comets in an effort to capture a teenager audience. In 1953 he writes "Crazy Man Crazy" which is often considered the first Rock N'Roll record to hit the Billboard pop charts. In 1954, he signed with label "Decca" and recorded "Rock Around The Clock", which sold poorly in that year, but became popular in 1955 when it was featured in the movie Blackboard Jungle, one of the most popular juvenile delinquent movies. By the end of 1958 he was unfortunately sinking. He did not serve teen rebellion as well as Elvis or Little Richard. He then started growing bitter and unpredictable, he passed of his 1960s in Mexico City. He died in 1981. In his lifetime he was married three times and had in total 10 children : 2 with his first wife, 5 with his second, and 3 with his third.

Song Suggestions :
Rock Around The Clock
Crazy Man Crazy
See You Later, Alligator

──────⊹⊱✫⊰⊹──────

Sources :

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Haley

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Bill-Haley

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Berry

https://fr.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Elvis-Presley