Chapter 1

"Singing, Dancing, One Direction., Wait what?"

Chapter 1-

"That was terrific Sky. Would you like to know the song you're going to do this week?" Demi asked me.

"Yes! I've been trying to guess all week. But I haven't been able to think of anything." I said.

"You know One Direction right?" she asked. Which was the stupidest question ever, there one of my favorite bands, and one of my biggest idols. Other then the woman standing in front of me, thats right, its Demi Lovato.

So maybe I should explain a bit, my name is Skyler Winters, I'm 17 and a month or two ago I auditioned for x-factor, and I surprisingly made it, and made it again into the live performances, and my mentor is the one and only Demi Lovato. So I've been trying my hardest to keep my head above water, with the rehearsals, new dance moves, new songs, the performances, tips, corrections, and mistakes. Demi says I've been doing very well, in such a short amount of time, and with the competition I have. I think the best is to just listen to Demi and try my best. So right now I'm rehearsing for this weeks performance, and I'm about to find out what song I'm doing.

"Yes, they're like my favorite band ever. Demi you should know that, gosh." I said faking an attitude and rolling my eyes.

"Oh, yeah I forgot, so who's your favorite again?" she wondered.

"Liam." I said a bit to quickly. He's always been my favorite, even when everyone else says he's boring, I've just fallen in love with his sad puppy face when he sings, his big brown eyes, his adorable accent, and it's obvious he has a big heart, and a great personality.

"Oh really?" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Oh shush, he would never even give me a second thought, and I've never even met him." I said, me and Demi talk about stuff like this all the time, even though shes my mentor, she's also my friend. And were only about 2 years apart, I'm about to turn 18, and she'll be 20 in august (AN- I think that's her right age/Bday). "Anyways how are you and Niall doing?" I asked her, completely interested, they are the cutest couple ever! (AN- Correct me if I'm wrong but I heard they're dating?...)

"Great, but hey don't change the subject, you know I can make it happen." she said.

"Make what happen?" I asked confused.

"You and Liam happen." she said.

"Oh." I said pondering off in thought, I know theres something I forgot. "Oh, what song am I doing. You never told me!" I said.

"Oh yeah, you're going to be doing More than this. By One Direction." she said happily.

"No way, that's like my favorite song by them!" I said.

"I think that song would fit you the best, and if you could make it your own, it would impress the judges especially Simon the most, if you could make people not think about one direction when your are singing it." she said. "It's a challenge."

"I like challenges." I said cockily, then looked at the clock and noticed it was almost 1. "What time do we have to go out and do the dancing fro the judges?" I asked her.

"3" she said.

"Ok good, I need to practice the dancing a bit to." I said worried. I suck at dancing, I wish this wasn't part of it.

"Ok, now get in the studio, I want to hear you go over it once, and see what we've got to focus on. But first I've got to grab something, so start it, and it'll be recording it. I'll be back by the time your done ok?" she said. I nodded my head, and went in the booth as she turned on the music, gave me a thumbs up, and walked out.