part 24

"I believe that every single event in life happens in an opportunity to choose love over fear." ― Oprah Winfrey

Sophie's POV

"Cam, calm down. Just breathe okay." I whispered soothly into his ears. I felt his muscles move up and down around my arms, holding him back.

"Aww look your girlfriend is helping you!" Jake laughed.

"I think that will be enough Jake." A strict voice said. We all turned around and we saw the Principal standing there with her arms crossed. We are in trouble.

"All four of you detention." She yelled. "And lunch detention, so grab your food and follow me." She said so dark I had shivers.

Jake, Nash, Cam, and I all grabbed our food and followed her. I waved to Liv who mouthed 'good luck'. Thanks Liv. We walked down a few halls and reached a dark room.

"You will stay here for the rest of the day and serve detention." She said. "You will be locked in this room together but there are cameras watching you so don't fight." She went out and locked the door.

"I'm so sorry you guys got dragged in this." Cam said covering his face. I sat next to him.

"It's not your fault bro." Nash said.

"Yea. I'm fine with this." I say.

"You really want to stay down here with him." Cam said sneering at Jake.

"I honestly don't mind. It's better than the classes I have." I say.

"Yea listen to her." Jake said.

"Shut up Jake." Nash said and I laughed. Jake sat and the corner and surprisingly, left us alone.

An hour into detention

"I'm bored." I sighed. Jake was sleeping in the corner, Nash was leaning against the wall messing with our trash from lunch, and I was laying on Cam's chest while he laid on the floor.

"We all are." Cam said stroking my hair.

"Too bad we don't have anything." I say. We were only aloud to bring our lunches. Everything is in our lockers. I heard the door open and I sat up.

"I feel like you guys need something to do, so here." The principal walked in with a few things, setting them on a desk and walked out. I stood up and walked over to the stuff.

"What's there Soph?" Nash asked.

"Cards, craft things, paper, pencils, and worksheets." I laughed. She really expects us to do worksheets wow.

"Bring the cards." Cam sat up and Nash sat next to him. I grabbed the cards and sat down next to them.

"Do you know how to play any game?" Cam asked shuffling the cards.

"Not really." I laughed watching as he set cards down in front of us.

"You don't know how to play cards." Jake walked over to us. Great he's up.

"Just leave me alone." I glared at him.

"What are you going to do toothpick?" He sat down next to me.

"Stop harassing her Jake. Why can't we just all get along for once?" Nash asked.

"I don't know." Jake smiled. "I'll play with you guys." Cam set a few cards in front him.

We played, Go Fish, Old Maid, Uno, and Poker. I sucked at it but it was still fun. We had about an hour left according to Nash's watch so a grabbed the paper and pencils and started to write piano notes.

An hour later

"Okay you guys are free to go." The principal came back opening the door. Jake ran out and the three of us just walked to our lockers.

"Wow my mom sent me a bunch of messages." Cam showed me his phone.

"Well she should be worried!" I slammed my locker door shut and swung my backpack around my shoulder.

"Yeah. Let's go." He said. We waved to Nash as he got into his truck and we got into our car. We arrived home and walked in the front door.

"Where were you." Gina sat there looking angry.

"We had detention." Cam said.

"Both of you?!" She screamed. Cam told her the story about being late and the fight.

"Oh. Sorry guys. Christmas is in three days!" She said, starting to make Christmas cookies.

______________________

I wrote this when it was Christmas sooo yeah 😂