part 50

"People are supossed to aspire to become their fathers, not shudder at the thought." ― Veronica Roth, Allegiant

Sophie's POV (Last Day of School)

I sighed in agony as I sat up in the morning. My back still ached from the whiplash and I felt like I would fall under my fathers power. He has hurt me before, but never threatened to kill me.

"Hey Sophie." Uncle Chad comes in.

"Hey." I say.

"The car is finally fixed and don't worry, I'm not mad." He hugs me and I hold my breath.

"Get ready and I'll drive you today." He says and I nod and do so.

As we pull up to the school, a feeling of anxiety rushed on me. All week I've been trying to ignore Cameron. If he is near me, he could get hurt. I couldn't live with myself if my father killed him and not me.

"Sophie, are you okay? Your turning pale." Uncle Chad asks parking.

"Yea, I'm just nervous how today's the end of school." I say and get out, running inside to a bathroom. I slam a stall door open and puke my guts out. I hear the first bell ring and get out, washing my face and applying some makeup. I rinsed my mouth out and walked to first period. I was late.

"Miss. Grier." Miss. Duncan says. I remember when she said Miss. Smith the day before break, getting detention.

"I'm sorry. I was in the bathroom." I say and she must have thought the "thing" visited me.

"Oh that's okay, sit down." She says and I go to my seat. Cam turns to look at me but I look down, forcing myself not to look at him. When the bell rings I run out of class to stay away from him.

Soon its math and I see Cam already sitting at our table. I quietly sat in the back. The bell rings and Cam looks around, meeting my gaze. The skin around his eyes turn red and he faces forward. Ms. Jill looks at us and starts.

At lunch I didn't even go to the cafeteria. I sat in the bathroom and decided to go on twitter.

@.sophiethefirst: Life Sucks

I immediately got retweets and a bunch of comments. I read through some of them. Bad idea.

@.DeliaDallas: Yess! Her and Cameron broke up!

@.ineedhelp: it does. And it gets worse everyday

@.dallasfanpage45: Whats wrong?!?

@.nashgrier: Where are you? Come to the cafeteria!

@.Omgnash: @.nashgrier oohhh drama!!!!

@.Camismine: ***** kill yourself

@.Jackiejohnson: haha no one likes you thats why

@.ShawnMendes: Don't read the hate. Hope to see you soon

The bell rang and I went to my next class. My phone was blowing up with tweets and texts.

Cameron 😍: Sophie whats wrong??

Cameron 😍: Please answer me

Cameron 😍: After school meet me at the tree in the front

Nashley💁: Soph whats wrong??

Hasss👦: I was in class and got your tweet, you okay?

I sat down and tried to pay attention. After school I run through the front and see Cam by the tree with a small box with a bow on top. I saw him and he smiled at me. I felt like I was being torn into shreds. I took a deep breath and turned away, walking to my car. I open the door but a hand behind me shuts it. I turn to see Cam.

"Whats wrong." He says sternly.

"Nothing Cam. I just don't feel good." I say.

"Thats all." He breathes out deeply and licks his lips.

"Yea."

"I heard you got in a crash. Who hit you?" He asks, his eyes becoming puffy again. This is killing me.

"Some jerk. I don't know who." I lie and he looks around and then at the ground. After awhile he meets my eyes.

"Here." He shoves the gift in my hands and walks off. I sigh getting into the car. I start to cry. I don't know how I could handle this. I text Uncle Chad.

To Uncle Chad👐: I'm taking the car. I'm sure Nash will give you a ride, I just need to clear my mind.

Uncle Chad👐: Okay, be safe

I pull out and drive to the open field. I get out and lay in the tall grass. I stare at the box Cam gave me. I slowly pull a string of the bow to untie it then lift the lid and see a beautiful charm. It says I will always love you. I add it to my bracelet and bring my knees to my chest. I cry for awhile and get into my car, driving home.

"You okay?" Uncle Chad asks.

"Yup. I'm fine now." I say.

______________________

Sorry for not updating😞