Hating Harry Styles

“Oh why is she here?” I heard behind me after hearing the front door slam and footsteps approaching me.

“Who else is gonna be able to pick up your slack to get you into the club?” I spat without having to turn around to see who it was. Just his pure sound and presence gave his identity away to me instantly, flattening my good mood and making my temper heighten.

“Calm down you two. Can’t my best friends behave for a while so we can all go to the club in peace?” Louis walked into the living room, buttoning up his shirt.

“Whatever,” Harry and I both murmured to ourselves, before Louis rolled his eyes and stalked off to the bathroom, leaving me alone with him. I didn’t know what it was, the hair, that smug look on his face, the way he looked at me, or maybe it was his voice. I don’t know, but whatever it is, it is the reason why I hate Harry Styles.

I could feel his eyes burning into the back of my head, sending shivers down my spine. You could just feel the tension and hatred in the room before he decided to break the silence.

“You know just because the other boys like you, doesn’t mean I have to.”

“And just because you’re in One Direction and the other boys are stuck with you doesn’t mean I have to like you either.”

He just had this way of getting under my skin. From the first day I was introduced to him one year ago, I knew something was different; there was something I didn’t like about this boy. Something that made my stomach churn. It’s not like we wanted or chose to have a deep hatred for each other. We tried, believe me, we tried to get along. Not just for us, but for the sake of the other boys and everyone else around us. But just the thought of Harry made my skin crawl and an immediate insult fall from my lips. So we quit playing and just let it be. You’d think I could just walk away from him forever and have him out of my life, but for some reason I just can’t.

We heard Louis enter the room again, stopping Harry from saying whatever come back he had. Louis opened the door and the moment I heard three voices, I knew exactly who they were. I quickly got up from the couch to greet them.

“Celia! You’re looking amazing!” Niall said as I wrapped my arms around his neck, still having to go on my tip toes despite the high heels. When he pulled away he eyed my tight black body con dress up and down, making me hit him on the arm. You quickly glanced back at Harry, waiting for some comment off him, but only to find him buried in this phone.

The moment we walked into the club, we could smell the musky air filled with the scent of sweat and alcohol, and feel the loud thumping of the bass. We all parted ways to different parts of the club. I quickly made my way to get a drink before hitting up the dance floor.

“WHAT THE FUCK?!” I heard a familiar voice scream at another guy before stepping closer to him, his fists raised. I knew Harry’s that annoying, now drunkenly slurred voice anywhere. I quickly ran off the dance floor and stepped in-between the two before dragging Harry’s drunken self out of the club. As much as we hated each other and I would love to see him fuck everything up, I just couldn’t stand by and watch him do it. I knew that no one else was going to do anything, and the other boys were either too drunk or too busy to notice. I gripped his bicep only to feel him tighten his arm and snap it away, trying to get out of my grip. Not only did I lose my grip on him, I just got a full grab at the big, hard, bulging muscle in his arm. He turned and faced me, and I could see the angered look on his face. His jaw line clenched tightly, his eyebrows scrunched together and his plump lips parted a bit, only to have his tongue slightly dart out to lick his lips. I could see his eyes were a shade darker, intense and concentrated as they narrowed toward me, staring me right in the eyes. Harry’s chest heaved up and down, making his collarbones stick out deeply out of the neck line of his shirt.

I caught myself watching his lips, throat and chest move as he talked. There was just something about angry Harry.

“Wait wha-what?” Realizing I didn’t hear a word he just said.

“WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!” he screamed at me. I could smell the alcohol stemming from his breath, his eyes dark and staring intently at me, his nostrils flaring slightly and vein in his neck pop out as he got closer to my face. I snapped myself out of whatever was going on.

“You were about to get yourself killed, Harry!”

“What do you even care? You would be happy if I died.”

“Harry, I may hate you. But I don’t want you dead.”

“Good,” he whispered, inches away from my face. I could see every single detail of his face: the deep dimples on his cheeks as he smirked down at me, how he raised one eyebrow, how his curls swooped to one side and framed his face and how his soft, wet lips were just inches away from mine. I felt my eyes staring at his lips and mine involuntarily licked my lips before parting them slightly. Harry just smiled before pulling away and leaving me alone in the cold alleyway.