STORY A (2/3) - Hyunho

A/N: there is going to be a little fight, nothing physical, no harsh words but hurt feelings, yeah? Thought I'd warn you even if it's not much ^^

IN THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER:

"I like you. Not as friends, I mean romantically. I'd like us to be boyfriends. I don't really expect you to give me an answer right away, since you probably never considered it but could you maybe think about it?"

"Can you give me some time to really consider the idea?"

"Sure! Thank you, Hyunjin Hyung."

"No, thank you for thinking so highly of me."

Listen to Close by Han~♪

Two days later, Hyunjin is still thinking about the confession while sitting outside on one of those picnic tables at school. Jeongin and himself had gotten considerably closer and the dancer was thinking to himself that it couldn't be so bad to date such a sweet person like the younger. Yet, something was off.

"Earth to Hyunjin?" Jisung waves his hand in front of his friend, successfully catching his attention, "You've been spacing out a lot since yesterday? What's up?" the other just shakes his head to dismiss any worries but the younger raises an eyebrow, "Also, you and Jeongin are like attached to the hip or something. I mean, you two were close alright but what's going on?"

Hyunjin chuckles, "Well, it's not like we're hiding or anything." he stops on purpose, teasing his friend, knowing that he was already jumping into conclusions, "We aren't dating."

The squirrel looking student pouts, "Then what?" he questions. The dancer proceeds to explains about the event that took place 2 days ago prior, how Jeongin confessed to him but he wasn't sure so he gave him some time. Jisung nods, "Do you like him?"

Hyunjin fixes his position on the bench, "Jeongin is sweet, he has always been..." he explains, thoughtful.

There is a long pause, the other senses some discomfort. "... but? You can't think of him as boyfriend material?"

The taller scoffs, "He is probably 'god sent' boyfriend material. It's just... I don't know. It's not the attention I was expecting to get from him. You know I always thought of him like a little brother, like someone I should protect?" he continues.

"And you wanna be protected, not the other way around?"

"W-What?? No? I mean... Huh? No!" The taller shakes his head, his cheeks turning pink, "That's not what I meant. Hold on... What kind of idea is that?"

Jisung raises both hands, "I was just suggesting an idea, it's not something weird..." he explains. "Anyway, you should probably talk with Ini about... All that." the young rapper carefully says before glancing back at his homework, left untouched for several minutes.