How It All Happened

Okay, I lied. I actually did have another story idea. I thought I would do it now. Hope you enjoy this one-shot.

The date was August 8th, 2020. Everything was peaceful down at the Negi Root Police Department. It was currently lunchtime. Beverly Scheffield-Matsumoto [Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom], her boyfriend Rei Sousetsu [Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow], and the youngest police officer Senbu Hyde [Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance] were walking out to get lunch at the cafe where their Senbu's sister Kochou [Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly] worked at. Beverly opened the door to the cafe.

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: Senbu! I suppose you guys are here for lunch, right?

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: You got it. Surely you remember Beverly and Rei.

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: Of course I do. Right this way.

Beverly, Rei, and Senbu sat down at a table. They told Kochou their orders and she went to the kitchen.

Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow: Your sister sure is something.

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: Yep. She loves her job here.

Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom: I'm just curious. How did she get that eye patch over her right eye?

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: Oh. I knew you were going to say that. Kochou doesn't like to talk about it.

Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow: I want to know as well.

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: Alright. This happened before I became a police officer and was still working here with Kochou, Camellia [Rei-No-Sakura Camellia], and Fuuka [San-No-Sakura Maple]. It was just your typical boring day at the cafe. A man came in and he ordered something. I forgot what it was. I was working behind the cash register.

Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom: I didn't know you worked here before you became a police officer. What made you change your mind?

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: I'm getting to that. Anyway, Kochou gave the man what he asked for. After he finished eating, he put his tray away. Kochou noticed a gun hiding in his pocket while he was doing that. I noticed it too. He saw Fuuka tending to other customers. The man aimed his gun at her. Kochou warned Fuuka to get out of the way. But the bullet came for her. Kochou pushed her out of the way just in time. But she ended up being the victim.

Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow: Oh man.

Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom: Poor girl. She just wanted to save Fuuka's life.

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: After that, I called 911. The police arrested the man and the ambulance took Kochou to the hospital. Veronica told me and Camellia that Kochou was going to live, but Kochou immediately lost vision in her right eye.

Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom: Like Tsukiko Ooshiro [Moonlight Butterfly]. Except Tsukiko lost vision in her left eye.

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: Yep. I didn't want my sister, Fuuka, or Camellia to get hurt anymore. And that's how I became a cop.

Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom: Wow. Poor Kochou.

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: Here you go, guys. Sorry about that. Lilac was causing a fuss.

Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow: Kochou, we know everything. About what happened to you.

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: Oh, you mean my eye? I guess Senbu told you everything, did he?

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: They wanted to hear the story.

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: That's okay. I guess I needed someone to talk to about it.

Ni-No-Sakura Fan Dance: At least you're not the only one. Ian Blakewood [Imitation Black] lost his right eye, too.

Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow: I have a question, Kochou. Did you ever get an artificial eye?

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: You want to see?

She removed her eye patch and showed the 3 police officers her right eye. It almost looked like her left one. It was the same color, too.

Ichi-No-Sakura Blossom: Wow. Veronica did a good job.

Ni-No-Sakura Butterfly: Yeah. Except I can't move my eye.

Rei-No-Sakura Azure Snow: Now we need to give Ian an artificial eye, too.

And so, the police officers finished their meal and went back to the station. Now Rei and Beverly know a little bit more about Senbu's sister.

And that's it. Hope you enjoyed this. I'll see you guys in the next story!