The Beast (2014)

The King looks down upon his people as they cheer for his great success. They jump and yell in high spirits, as their King raises a head of a beast. Oh what a peaceful night lays ahead! That maybe once- just once, the night will be quiet as everyone lays in slumber. No murder, no screams of pain and agony, no endless nights of terror. Too scared to even close their eyes or say goodnight. Too terrified that the beast will come out and seek out his prey. 

As the king watches his peasants below, the screaming and cheering becomes louder and louder. Yes, rejoice in this moment, cheer on the oh mighty King! Watch in silence as you mistake this act. Mistake it for courage and justice. As the minutes and hours go by, the time for the arrival of the beast draws closer. "Yes my people! Rejoice in happiness, bash in my glory! For it is I who killed the beast! And it is I who am your King!"

But I look past this act, look behind his hideous mask and lurking hour glass. This is only an act, to hide away the beast that feasts upon the pain of others. For the beast isn't satisfied until he vanquishes everything in his path. 

He who shall not be named awakens upon the pang of his hunger. He upholds the beast at bay, waiting until night to strike. The screaming fills the night sky as his peasants run from the beast. Oh, the irony! For you see, the beast is the one they call King. Singing angels watch the horror with awestruck vision. 

The beasts waits in the shadows to seek out the stench of innocence. To bash in the pleasure of consuming the lives of his victims, no mercy nor hesitation. Within the icy cold heart of the beast, his heart wrenches as he takes the lives of his own people. Please excuse his behavior for his beastly mind is that of an infant and primal state of an animal with his whole being consumed for the thirst for blood. 

This story is as dark as night and cold as an unforgiving winter.  There isn't an happy ending to every story, no Cinderella or Rapunzel happy ever after. This is the story of the beast, the cruelest legend and dark as the darkest night.