Chapter One

Johnny's POV

        Two months before I'm supposed to go on tour, they're about to cancel it. I asked Hayden to go along, turns out he can't. I asked Kenzie, she said she was busy, but I wonder if she didn't want to go. Things have been kind of well, awkward between us, ever since she started dating Issak. He's cool and all, but we don't really get along. Kenzie's one of my oldest friends, and we've kinda fell out of touch, but that doesn't mean I don't miss her. Anyway, my managers said, unless I find a new tour mate before the end of this month, I can't go.

     Lauren and I sit at the table, thinking about who I can ask to go on tour with me. "How about... Carson?" Lauren suggests. I shrug, "I guess but he just finished his own tour." Lauren nods, "I forgot about that." She pauses, "I have an idea, but you might not like it." I shrug, "Just tell me." She glances at me wearily, before softly saying, "Annie's a singer. A really good one." I frown, hoping it's not who I think it is, "Annie who?" Lauren bites her lip, "Annie Leblanc."
My eyebrows fly up, "As in Hayden's ex girlfriend, Annie?" And my ex best friend, I think. Lauren nods, "Yeah." I shake my head, "He'll kill me." Besides, I refuse to talk to her or heck, I don't even want to see her.
      Lauren shakes her head, "Hayden's already got a new girlfriend, will he really care?" I sigh, running a hand through my hair, "Hayden's not dating anyone, he just said that. He's still pretty touchy about dating." Lauren raises an eyebrow, "Wasn't the breakup mutual? I mean I thought they wanted to be friends."
I shake my head, "Hayden wanted to break up with her, but then he decided he didn't want to. It was too late though, Annie was pretty hurt so she broke up with him. Besides, didn't Annie tell you this?" Lauren and Annie are good friends, but I tend to avoid her when she comes to visit. I feel almost like I'm betraying Hayden if I hang out with her. Besides, I can't look her in the eye without hurting her or myself.
       Although, I do still follow her on Instagram and like her posts. But, I've done some inexcusable things, I hurt her and she still hasn't forgiven me. I haven't forgiven her either.
I sigh again, closing my eyes, "Even if I did want Annie to go, how would I convince her?" Lauren shrugs, "She might go if I ask her." I roll my eyes, "She doesn't even like me, Laur. Do you really not remember what happened?"
       Lauren sighs, "Yeah, well who's fault is that?" I frown, "Whatever. Besides, I don't want to betray Hayden." She shrugs as she stands up, "Unless you really want to cancel the tour, I don't think you have any other options." She grabs her phone and leaves the room, leaving me to think about the situation. Even if I asked Annie, would she really want to go?

Annie's POV

I smirk at Carson and he smirks back. Jayden laughs while shaking her head, "You're so childish, both of you." He snorts, "Like you're not." Jayden sticks her tongue out, "I'm not as bad as you two."
       Carson and I exchange a look, before silently agreeing. I grab Jayden's left foot, while he grabs her right foot. We pull her into the pool and she shrieks. "Really?!" She yells, her outfit soaked. Her white cutoffs and navy blue short sleeve are soaked, along with her brown hair. I can't help but laugh as she sputters, glaring at the two of us.
Carson and I exchange a smile, as we high five. Suddenly Jayden splashes me and its my turn to sputter. I brush my damp hair out of my eyes, smirking at her, "Oh, it's on!"
      The three of us splash each other before we eventually get tired of it. Carson climbs out of the pool and grabs us towels. He offers me his hand, "Here, let me help you." I hesitate, glancing at Jayden. She doesn't notice because she's too busy drying her hair. I take his hand and he pulls me out, wrapping me in a towel. He smiles at me and squeezes my hand, before quickly dropping it.
Jayden and Carson are siblings and they've been my closest friends for a long time. They are probably my two best friends, but I'd never tell them that. They already know that, so I guess I don't need to tell them. I promised that I'd never date Carson, or at least I promised Jayden that. Carson and I have never had an interest in dating anyway. At least not until earlier this year.
     He went on tour and I tagged along, mainly for Jayden's sake, but Carson and I got a lot closer. He kissed me at his last show, but we ended up vowing never to tell Jayden. We've kept the secret ever since, but sometimes it's hard.
I'm pulled out of my thoughts, as my phone buzzes. I quickly dry off, before opening the text.
Sally: Hey Annie, exciting news! Johnny Orlando wants you to go on tour with him! This is a big opportunity and I already called your mom. She's bringing you over so we can talk! See you soon!
I bite my lip, Johnny Orlando wants me to go on tour with him? We haven't talked in years. Why does he suddenly want me to go on tour? Does he not remember what he did? I frown, because why would I want to go on tour with him? I hate him for everything he did and everything in between.

ꕥ 𝙾𝚔, 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚐𝚘. 𝙼𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜...𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗. 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐! ꕥ
♥︎ 𝚇𝚘, 𝙱𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 ♥︎