Chapter Twenty

Time Skip - 1 Week Later

Annie's POV

      "Are you guys coming or are you staying there and making out?" Jack teases. I roll my eyes and stick my tongue out at him. Johnny squeezes my hand and I glance down at my hand and...my ring.
      He smiles at me, "You going to stop staring at that ring?" I laugh, "You're the one who got it for me." He shrugs, "It was an upgrade from the last one I got you. This one is engraved."
      Will glances at us, "Can you two stop being so cute? It's disgusting." He takes a sip of his milkshake, before he and Jack head towards the water. Beach days with Johnny and my two best friends are the best. I think happily.
      "So, you excited for our show tonight?" I make a face, "Well, considering none of our friends are speaking to each other...no." He nods, "They can't seem to get along."
       The past week has been torture. After we left Maryland, everyone was upset and refused to talk to one another. Lauren and Jayden are furious, while Carson decided to head home early. He claimed it had nothing to do with John and I, but I think he's a little uncomfortable being around us.
       Kenzie decided to opt out, too. She headed home to L.A and Austin went with her. Asher and Emily considered staying but eventually left, due to the tension. I've managed to make up with Emily, after realizing she only kissed John to get Asher to notice her. I was surprised to learn Asher had a thing for me for awhile, but luckily he and Em are happy.
       Will and Jack stayed behind for my sake, so we're left with them and Lauren, Jayden, and Hayden. We're just one big happy family of friends. Not.
       But being with my boyfriend and my two friends makes up for everything else. Tayler and I are still at odds, after last week. Dixie did show up at the show, after learning Tayler wouldn't be there. It was nice to see her again, but I don't know if it was worth making my stepbrother upset.
       Honestly, this tour is one big mess. Of course, all the drama happens behind closed doors. When we're in front of the fans, we're all smiling and laughing. They never see the building tension.

       "Want to take a walk?" I glance at Johnny and nod, as he helps me up. I adjust my sunglasses before we go. We walk along the beach, headed nowhere in particular. "I'm ready for this thing to be over." He mumbles.
       I sigh, "Me too." He shakes his head, "I'm tired of our friends fighting. If we can make up after years of refusing to speak to one another, surely they can get over this."
      "Hopefully they can put aside their differences and finally make up." I softly say. Johnny pulls me close to him and tilts my chin up, "Hey, don't cry or anything. You've already shed enough tears over this, stop blaming yourself."
      I look away, "I know, I know. I just can't help but feel guilty." He kisses my forehead, "You have nothing to feel guilty about. Listen, I know my sister better than anyone. She's not mad at you, she's mad at herself and at Jayden." I sigh, "And I know Jayden. She's mad at herself and mad at Lauren, too."
      He nods, "See, it's got nothing to do with you. But maybe if we can help them, maybe they can get along, again." I smile, "That'd be nice."
      I feel someone's arms wrap around my waist and lift me up. "Put me down, Grazer!" He laughs, "You're wearing a swimsuit, it's time you get in the water."
     I look at Johnny but he shrugs, "Traitor," I mumble. He laughs as Jack dumps me in the water. I sputter and wipe my hair out my eyes, before splashing my curly haired friend. He splashes me back and Will joins in. "Two against one isn't fair," I protest.
     They only laugh as I try to protect myself from the water. Johnny joins me and we splash around for awhile. When we get tired of it, we go back to our towels and dry off. I pull my wet hair into a ponytail and pull on my shorts and my sleeveless shirt. The boys put their shirts back on and dry off their wet hair.
     "Should we head back to the hotel?" Will finally asks. We reluctantly head back to the hotel, taking our time. Johnny holds my hand and occasionally kisses my forehead.
      Jack groans, "Stop being such a perfect couple. You're making us feel lonely." I grin, "But you have a girlfriend." He frowns, "Yeah and she's in a different state, so I'm lonely."
     Will laughs, "Stop complaining, mate. I'm in the same boat at you. I haven't seen my girlfriend in months, either." We come to a stop in front of the hotel, and exchange a look. We head inside and I gasp, throwing open my arms, "Oh my goodness! I can't believe you came!"

Lilia's POV

     I let go of my suitcase and throw my arms around Annie. I laugh as she squeals, hugging her tightly. "I've missed you, Anns." She smiles, "I've missed you too, Lils."
     "Aw, I missed the big moment!" Anna says. She walks towards us and hugs Annie. After we've hugged, we turn to the boys.
      I wave Johnny over, "Come on, you better give me a hug." He hugs me and I squeeze him tightly, before smiling at the other two. "You two are getting a hug too, whether you like it or not."
      The curly haired kid nudges the taller one, "You first." His friend chuckles as he walks up to me. I embrace him and he says, "Ok, you're up next Jack."
       He's got a very British accent...interesting. The other kid hugs me and smiles, "Jack Dylan Grazer. I'm not much a hugger but I'll give you a high five."
      Annie snorts, "Excuse me? You hug me every chance you get." Jack rolls his eyes, "Well, duh. We're best friends. It's a best friend thing. You don't see me hugging Will, Ash, or Em all the time. It's only you I hug."
      "Anyway...we have a lot to talk about, let's go to my room." Annie says, grabbing me and Anna's wrists. She gestures to the suitcases and smiles sweetly, "The boys will bring your bags."
      We turn and leave before they can refuse or protest. We take off and stumble into the elevator, collapsing in giggles.
      I spot the ring and immediately take Annie's hand, lifting her hand up and looking at it. There's a small sliver band with engraving. I look closer and see, When you're by my side everything's better, xo John
     She blushes and pulls her hand away, "It's a gift from Johnny." I raise my eyebrow, "Ooh, you must tell all." She nods and smiles, "Sure."
     We walk into her room and fall onto the bed, taking about everything. We tell her about what's been going on since she left and what we've been up to. She explains the messy tour drama and how she ended up with Johnny. Anna and I  were secretly team Johnny the whole time.
      There's a knock on our door and Lauren bursts in, along with a very angry Jayden. "LILIA!" Lauren yells. She glares at me, "I HATE YOU!"
I look at her, confused, "What? Why?" She shakes her head, eyes narrowed, "Why don't you ask Carson? I thought Annie might be mad, too. After all you're best friends aren't you? How could you betray her like that? Betray me like that?"
Jayden glares at me, "I gave Annie my blessing to be with my brother. Sure, she didn't end up with him and I love Johnny dearly but, I never gave you my blessing. You never asked and you never showed interest in him until now! So, how could you? What's going on? Because you and Carson...I can't believe it."

ꕥ 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝚜𝚎𝚎𝚖𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚗 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚌𝚔, 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝? 𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚕, 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚜𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢... ꕥ
♥︎ 𝚡𝚘, 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚊 ♥︎