Someone You Loved

I woke up the next morning with my head resting on a different kind of pillow than what I was normally used to. Instead of my own comfy bed with its red satin covers and plump duck feather pillows, I was in a completely different room. Sprawled out, dark and heavy silk sheets covered my body, my head rested on the muscular chest of Jurgen. My hair falling down my back in loose waves. With one arm thick behind me, his hand was softly touching my back, as the other arm kept me closely tucked to his side, I had never felt so safe, so warm, so protected. I had woken up in paradise. If every morning could be like this, then my life would be perfect. 

There was a soft glow of morning light beaming through the gaps in the curtains of the window to my right. The light brought a warm atmosphere to the room as I stretched out my arms and legs, feeling Jurgen shift underneath me. I smiled, as I leant up on one elbow and looked down at the man before me. He looked so peaceful in his sleep, so handsome. Messy black hair and beard that brought a smirk to my face, he really did wake up like this. Scruffy and divine. I traced random shapes on his chest, trailing my fingertip ever so lightly across his scars. Each one a reminder of a battle, each with a story to tell. Most of them I could recall having to treat. One in the middle of his ribcage was particularly nasty to tend to. A stab wound with a serrated knife, getting it out was only half the war, getting it to heal was a task and a half. I remember stitching it up and sharing a whisky afterwards. That was our little tradition. Every injury required a glass of whisky. 

This moment of bliss was quickly ruined by my mind suddenly going into overdrive at the reminder of the actual situation I was now in. I had slept with Jurgen! My boss! Leader of the entire crew, and he was due to marry someone else today. Fuck.  Suddenly, a hundred different questions flooded my mind. What was I supposed to do now? What would happen between me and Jurgen? Was it just a one night thing? Would he reject me? Should I leave? Or maybe this was it. Our moment, the moment he would finally see I was the one he was meant to be with, maybe he would wake up, pull me close and call off the wedding. 

"It's early," a raspy voice stated, breaking me from my thoughts. 

Gasping slightly, I leant back from him and noticed his eyes still closed. In reaction to my sudden movement, I felt his arm tighten around me, pulling me back down to his chest, reconnecting our bodies once again. Maybe he did love me, maybe he was going to call off the wedding. My heart fluttered at the thought and I looked at him a little shyly.

"I wasn't sure I should - "

"Stay?" He smirked, with his eyes still closed. "Thought you enjoyed last night, thought we'd have another round... or two." he went on to say, his voice still husky from the morning as he finally rolled over to face me and opened his eyes. His voice alone was making my southern region slickened with excitement.  

"I.. I- I - "

"You - you - you still look as perfect in the morning as you did last night."

"Jurgen," I breathed, feeling a sudden pounding in my heart as a heat rushed through my body. This was everything I wanted and more, I looked into his chocolate brown eyes and felt myself falling even more in love with him. 

Smiling, Jurgen began to slowly move, crawling on top of me as he buried his face in the nook of my neck. The feel of his lips touching my skin again drove me wild. Wrapping my legs around him, I pulled him in closer as I tried to calm my breathing, I never wanted this moment to end. It was sheer perfection. His muscular body pressed to mine, feeling him plant tender kisses on the shell of my ear, trailing downwards to my neck. I arched my back up into him, letting out a soft moan of pleasure as he continued.  

Jurgen was slowly making his way down my body, his warm, wet lips laying little kisses and nibbles on me as he moved along, paying extra attention to the marks he had given me last night, making sure they would last. His head was now down by my belly button, moving under the covers when a sudden loud knock banged from the door. Before I had a chance to hide, or even pull up the covers to hide my bare chest, the intruder threw open the door and walked in. 

"Jur - " Sven froze in place, his eyes locked with mine. I watched in horror as his face completely dropped before me. 

"Ah, Sven." Jurgen chuckled as he pulled himself back up the bed and rolled over to look back up at him, placing an arm around my shoulders and pulled me in close to him once again. "What is it?"

Sven, still with a look of complete shock on his face, kicked the door closed behind him with his foot. As the door slammed shot, the look turned into one of anger and hatred. "You can't be serious!" He hissed at me furiously, his eyes looking down at my bare breast for a brief second.

"Uh... I..." was all I could manage as I quickly pulled up the covers running a hand through my hair, tucking a fallen strand behind my ear. I knew Sven wouldn’t be happy that I had slept with Jurgen but he knew how I felt towards him, he knew how much I wanted this. I couldn’t understand why he was this angry, he was my friend, surely he should have understood? 

"Something you want to say?" Jurgen asked, his look of amusement now turning to one of complete seriousness.

"Stand up." Sven snapped at him. "Stand up and take your sword!" He repeated in a loud command this time, eyeing his opponent up. 

"Now, now Sven. Try thinking for a minute. I know it hurts to use that dim skull of yours, but just try for a second, go on." Jurgen warned him, sitting  up a bit more, still keeping me in his hold. 

"Stand. Up." 

"So be it then..." Jurgen sighed in boredom. Standing up from the bed, the silken sheets fell from his form as he rose up. Still naked as he reached for his sword, giving it a few spins around in his wrist, showing off his skills.

"Dont, please.... come on Sven, just... just apologise, just calm down!" I insisted, leaning up in the bed onto my knees, pleading with my eyes to Sven. 

"How could you!" He snarled at me, glaring daggers.

"You knew - you knew I..."

"HE'S USING YOU ES! Don't you see it?! He's still going to marry Gwen today! Nothing is going to change! Except for his respect for you. He doesn't love you Es! He won't ever love you! Not like me. NOT LIKE I DO!" Sven cried out, his eyes threatening to spill with hot tears.

"I've heard enough." Jurgen laughed wickedly and went to take a few steps closer to Sven. ready to do battle with him.

I knew Sven was a brilliant fighter, one of the best in the crew. However, even I knew he wouldn't be able to win against Jurgen, nobody would. Jurgen was far taller and stronger than he was, Jurgen didn’t hold back and held next to no mercy. He would kill him, kill him without a second thought. Despite everything, I couldn't let that happen, I wouldn't let that happen. Sven had been one of the best friends I had since joining the crew. He was there for me when I needed him, we trusted each other. I wasn’t about to let him throw his life away so recklessly in a fight against Jurgen. I never thought Sven loved me in that way, I know it was a common theme that many joked about but I always saw us as friends. Nothing more, nothing less. At least for me anyway, but it seemed he had wanted more. A guilt washed over me. I never intended him to love me in that way, I always shut down the rumours about us, I never made any ‘suggestive’ comments or anything even remotely like that. I supposed people couldn’t help who they fell in love with, I should know. 

Panic stuck though my body as Sven went on to pull out his own sword from the holster on his belt. The intensity of the situation became more apparent with every passing second. I could potentially lose one of the two men I cared for.

 "No!" I cried out and quickly flung myself up from the bed. 

Jurgen was already closing in on him, and just as he was about to slash down his sword on Svens head, I quickly bolted across the room and placed myself in between the two men. 

"Dont!" I half begged, half ordered as my eyes, a mix of fear and fury, met with Jurgen’s.He had stopped his sword a mere inch from my own head. 

I could see Jurgen’s jaw clench as he looked behind me to Sven. Breathing heavily, I turned around to face my old friend. Everything we had been through came down to this. I had never imagined I would ever have to do this to him. Never in a million years. But it was the only way I could save him from Jurgen’s wrath. I had no other choice unless I wanted to see him slain before my very eyes.

"Sven The Savage, I, Estrid the Fearless hereby banish you from the crew.” I began, Sven looked at me in disbelief, I could only imagine what Jurgen was looking like behind me.

“I banish you from our keeps, our strongholds and our lands. If you ever return, you will be killed with no mercy, that is a promise. May you live out the rest of your days alone. May you travel this world with nothing. May you be nothing!" 

I had never had to banish a member of the crew before, killed a few yes, but banishment was never something I ever had to resort to. I knew I had the power to order it, as second in command. He would not be able to disobey me, not unless he wished to die. Still, I watched carefully as he, thankfully, pulled his sword away and back into its holster. With his eyes still locked on mine, a look of pure hatred present on his face, he untied his crew colours from his shirt sleeve and threw them down at my feet. 

"As you wish." he replied, his voice dead and expressionless as he finally turned and left the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I felt my chest exhale heavily. 

"You stupid woman!" Jurgen roared as he threw down his sword and went to grab his trousers. 

"What..? I - "

"You had no right Estrid. NO FUCKING RIGHT! That weasel came at me with a sword, he was mine to finish, not yours to take mercy on. You're a woman, a woman's soft heart beats inside of ya, but I thought you were smarter than that!" Jurgen snapped.

"Jurgen..." I stuttered in total disbelief as I watched him storm around the room, picking up items of clothing. 

"Leave!" He commanded.

"But - "

"LEAVE! " he roared this time, stepping quickly to stand close before me, his chest heaving up and down with angered breath. "I have a wedding to prepare for, and you have duties to perform."

"Wedding..." I repeated softly, my eyes stuck on him. 

"What?" He scoffed and stepped back from me. "You thought? You believed? After last night? I'll give it to you Es, it was a hell of a performance, but I'm still to wed Gwen, we have an arrangement, one that will make me the most feared warlord in the world. It’ll put our crew on top. It’s what we need to do to beat Killiger.”

That’s what this all came down to, being on top. Being the most feared gang in all of Jumanji, beating the Killiger gang. The alliance with the Kababiks is what would secure that future and it now became clear to me that Jurgen wouldn’t sacrifice that. Not even for me.

I'm going under and this time I fear there's no one to save me
This all or nothing really got a way of driving me crazy

 “Of course, you will still be my number two, even after that moment of weakness with Sven, I'll forgive you for it. I'll even agree to keep this little arrangement between you and I going. The wedding is still on, whether you like it or not, and you still have your duties. Now go!" He finished. 

Every word he spoke felt like a knife stabbing into my heart. Even after the night we had last night, the connection we both felt with each other… It meant nothing now. I could feel myself becoming undone, my hope shattering, my heart aching as the man I had come to love broke me.

I let my guard down
And then you pulled the rug
I was getting kinda used to being someone you loved

I bit my lip as I looked down, trying to hold myself together infront of him as my fury began to rise, anger burned inside of me, a bubbling rage as I looked at him. I knew he was cruel, I knew he was brutal, but never to me. Never like this. I gave him everything. I followed him without question or doubt, I obeyed his every command and now? Now I was to be his mistress? His piece on the side while that polished up bitch got to sink her manicured claws into him and call him, hers? No. That’s where I drew the line. Sven was right, the only man that really knew me, who genuinely cared about me, and I had just banished him. 

Duty really is the death of love.

"I will not be your whore." I hissed lowly with anger pouring out with each word.

Jurgen, who had returned to his dresser, quickly turned back around to look at me with a look of disbelief. "What did you say?"

"I WILL NOT BE YOUR WHORE!" I screamed, and quickly picked up my dress, yanking the material over my naked body, before finally storming out of the room and shutting the door firmly behind me. The adrenaline that pumped through my veins was just enough to get me to my quarters, not caring who saw me in the hallways looking like this. As I made it to my room, I locked and bolted the door closed before sliding down it as I let everything out in an agonising sob. 

A.N
Bit of an emotional rollercoaster in this chapter, but hope you all enjoyed it. Huge shout out to Hi-Carl-394 for co-writing this story with me! I have also started another story for any Severus Snape fans out there. It's called unknown magic and the awesome Hi-Carl-394 is also joining in to help write that one as well.

Hope you're all keeping safe and happy reading x