Chapter 3

It’s been 7 months since Nathan asked me to go out with him. He is sweet, he is gentlemen, he cares so much, I think he is an ideal guy. He even told Nikko and his other friends to stop bullying me, even Meisha’s friend. He is always there for me when I need someone. He always walk me to my classes, he even go home with me when I’m taking the bus. And for that 7 months, I learned to love him. Even almost all of the students in our school thinks that I don’t deserve him because I’m no one and he is popular, everyone likes him not like me, no one likes me. We are really opposite, he is smart, he’s into sports, he is homecoming king, he is handsome, he has everything, I have nothing. But when I’m with him, he makes me feel so special, I feel loved. Mady and Camy already know about Nathan and I, they were happy for me. And I’m really lucky that even I got Nathan they don’t leave me, they stayed as my friend.

I’ve been walking to the campus because it’s lunch break and Nathan didn’t go to the place we usually hang out, he didn’t even texted me that he’s not going to meet me. I called him but he’s not answering. So I decided to look for him. I was on my way to quad when Mady and Camy screamed my name. Then I turned around and they were at my back, “What’s wrong?” I asked them.

“I have something to tell you Gaily!” Camy said.

“Can we talk later? ‘cause I was looking for Nathan, he hasn’t answering my call.” I explained to them.

“Uhhh, that’s what we supposed to tell you.” Mady said, I can’t read their mind.

“What was it?” I asked nervously, what if something happened to Nathan? What is he’s sick or something?

“Madeline! Calm down! We need to confirm it first before saying it to Gail!” Camy is trying to stop Mady.

“No! Madeline tell me!” I yelled. “What was that?! Camille are trying to hide secret from me?! I thought we were best friends?!” I said angrily.

“Yeah we are, that’s why I want to confirm it first before saying it to you. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Camy explained and I felt guilty of what I just did.

“Yeah that’s right Gail, but Camille, I don’t want Gail to assume that’s why I want to let her know what we heard.” Mady explained.

“What did you heard?” I tried to calm myself.

“Are you sure you want to know?” Camy asked once again.

“Of Course yes! Just tell me!” I said I can’t understand what’s my emotion right now.

“Because, when we were going to the bathroom.” Mady stopped talking.

“Say it!” I yelled.

“When we were going to the bathroom, we heard Nathan talking to Meisha.” She says with her eyes fell sorry for me.

“They were just talking! What’s wrong with that?” I tried to laugh.

“They were talking about you Gail! They were having a bet! All of his sweetness and caring are all lie! He doesn't really love you!” Mady yelled the truth at my face. "Nathan just played with your feelings! He just showed that he cares for you because he need to! Because Meisha and him make fun at you! Wake up Gail! He doesn't love you!” She said while holding my shoulders.

"No! he love me! I thought we were best friend! I thought you were different from the other students here at school that they don't want me for Nathan! but I'm wrong! You weren't my bestfriend! You are just like them! you don't want me to be happy!" I said almost screaming. I feel my tears will start to fall but I manage to finish my sentence, "I hate you!" Then I ran, and I wept. I can't help but cry. I was running and I don't care if everyone is staring at me right now, I'm used to it so it doesn't matter specially now that I'm hurt. It hurt because I assumed that even in my ugliest face, Nathan, the homecoming king and the campus crush will love me. But I'm wrong, it's all lie, it's just a bet. His courting tactics and his sweet thoughts are just fake.

I ended up at the baseball field, no one is there so I decided to stay. I decided not to go to my fifth period, I can't focus right now. My brain can't function, all I can think right now is that how can I deal with the truth. Should I asked him or should I just act as if I don't know the truth? 

It's really hurt and I need someone but I don't have anyone, my best friends were the one who found out the truth and I choose not to listen to them. I hope they understand me..