Baldur's Gate: Session 1

(Note: I don't fully remember this)

Our story starts with Githli the Goliath Barbarian (played by me). Arachne the Cleric, Novo the Fighter, Gethel the Sorcerer, and Zayne Shadowsong the bard, all being conscripted by the Fire Fist Mercenaries. Their first task, given by Captain Zodge, was to find investigate the Three Dead Gods; a cult that has caused large string of murders. Their only lead was a spymaster that was in the Elf's Song Tavern, so the party set out to meet her.

When the party got to the tavern, Zayne, Gethel, and Novo all went looking for the spymaster while Githi got a drink, and joined a group playing Baldur's Bones. Arachne didn't approve, and tried to talk Githi out of it, witch sparked an argument. After Githli calmed everyone down (and made the aggressor piss himself) Arachne walked off as Githli lost 2 silver in the first round.

The other 3 adventurers had found the spymaster, and learned that she was being hunted by a group of brigands. Sure enough, those same brigands came walking through the door, 8 in total. Githi knew something was about to go down; so he went to the bar, ordered a cup of ale, and waited by the counter.

Combat began when the bandit leader went upstairs and effortlessly struck down Novo with a double crit as his lackys followed. Arachne shot a crossbow bolt at one of the brigands blocking the door. The brigands friend then comforted him. Githli missed his first greataxe swing and split the floorboards. After paying the tavern keeper, he entered rage. Zayne and Gethel tried to stop the brigands from getting to the spymaster: Zayne hit the leader's kneecap, and Gethel whiffed a ray of frost. The brigands then each struck the party, except for brigand 5, who saw Githli and decided to stay away from him.

The leader and his lackeys took down Zayne as Githli cleaved a brigand in half. Arachne was fighting 2 brigands by herself, but couldn't get any good hits in. Gethel tried to stop the brigands with an ice knife, and while it did hit, they were still able to kill the spymaster.

Githli killed another brigand as Arachne was downed, Gethel missed another ray of frost as he was hit by the brigands. Githli ran upstairs and hit the leader hard, but he took some damage from reaction attacks. Gethel then hits the Leader with a Ray of Frost, but he's still kicking. Then, Githli got another hit on the leader, but he is just barely alive and he downs Githli. All Gethel needs to do now is hit the Leader once... and he missed.

The party was defeated, they had all of their money taken, and Zayne and Gethel were presumed dead

To be continued...