Part 10

I am once again left as the center of attention, six genetically blessed men are staring at me, and it is becoming unbearably hot. I peel off my black jacket and whip off my powder blue scarf. I cleared my throat and looked around the table again, noticing that the insanely hot guy sitting to the right of me is staring. My mouth goes dry as I flash him a hesitant smile. He grins back at me, and I almost go bright red, he hands me a glass of Soju one of the others has just poured. I thank him and begin drinking making sure to cover my mouth and turn away.

"Oh it's alright," he said once he sees what I'm doing, "We're very relaxed here, no need for stuff like that."

I laugh and down the whole glass, then quickly pour myself another shot. Oh God, I hope I don't look like an alcoholic. He seems impressed, laughs a light fluttery kind of laugh, downs the glass and pours himself another. Then he looks back at me and smiles widely, making his eyes seem completely closed.

I blush at his smile. Why does he look so...charming?

"So, what's your name? Introduce yourself to us. You must be a special person to have Nam-joonie fawning all over you like a love sick boy. He's usually...A bit distant sometimes, but he is actually just a big softie inside."

I cleared my throat. "My name is Park Jong-min," I begin confidently, like I'm making an important announcement, "But you can call me Emily. I'm 21 and come from Colorado in the US. I'm probably going to be staying in Korea for a few months."

They all nod and 'ohh' agreeingly.

"We went to the USA recently," The serious looking one with black hair says.

The conversation rolls on smoothly. After a while Nam-joon comes back into the room and introduces all the members of BTS to me properly. Starting from my left, he introduces me to Kim Taehyung, then there's Jungkook, Min Yoongi, Jin (who by the way is apparently 'World Wide Handsome'), Jung Ho-seok and lastly Park Jimin. And of course, Nam-joon introduces himself once again, this time a bit more humorously.

I say to all of them my 'hello' and 'nice to meet you' and everything seems to move on smoothly. They all just seem like a bunch of normal guys who like to have fun. They all sit comfortably in front of me smiling and occasionally chatting to the others who are seated next to them, well, all of them except Jeon Jungkook who looks rigid as a plank whenever I look his way, but he manages to give me a sweet shy type of smile.

"Well here's to Emily and making new friends," Nam-joon says raising a glass, "Let's hope her stay here in Korea is enjoyable!"

We all raise our glasses of Soju and cheers them together, downing them in one go. I ordered a round of beers to keep the good mood going.

"We don't usually drink," Nam-joon said to me, "But I guess when you have good company it's hard to resist."

"Oh sorry," I said looking around at the table, "I didn't mean to get anyone drunk, I just thought it would be a nice drink to have."

"Mmmh it's delicious." Jimin said appreciatively.

As the night continues we begin talking again and inevitably drinking more. Everyone seems to be impressed by how much I can drink. Slowly after five shots of Soju and two beers I am beyond the verge of happily tipsy and can feel myself becoming drunk. Nevertheless, the night goes on.

Naturally everyone, at first, except Nam-joon, is sceptical of me. Why is she here? I seem to hear them saying, or maybe it's just the Soju talking. Is she some kind of undercover Saesang fan? What does she want to gain by being RM's friend? 

Naturally after a few drinks I begin easily opening up and telling them where I have travelled to, what I have done. Gradually, they all begin to open up to me in return. Nam-joon, who is obviously tipsy, tells them all about how we meet whilst sweetly smiling like he's retelling a favourite memory of his. I follow him up by telling them that I have met their CEO before. I tell them about the Chai Latte Incident, my nieces who are obsessed with their music and about how Nam-joon saved me in Gwangjang market.