Who Would You Choose? (James Maslow & Kendall Schmidt Love Story)

Chapter 1.

I woke to the sun streaming through the sheers in my bedroom, and the calming sound of the ocean waves that I have grown accustomed to since I moved here 2 years ago. I dressed in my running clothes, put my earbuds in, and set out for my usual 2 mile run down the beach. This section of the beach along the Los Angeles shoreline is a more private area, with several beach houses dotting the coastline. I chose this place to live because of that specific reason, and, well, because of the beautiful views and tranquility of living so near to the ocean. When I moved here 2 years ago, the beach, with it's calming waves, had brought me here to this less populated and more secluded area. I had great neighbors. Some were celebrities escaping from screaming fans and Hollywood, some were retirees. I usually met a few walkers, runners, and people playing with their dogs, on my early morning runs, but that was all. The tourists and beach goers usually stayed and populated the area much further down the beach, so, it was like our own personal haven for all of us who resided here in this section of the beach.

The sun was already over the horizon this morning,. The waves were rushing in and lapping at the sandy shores. The seagulls were flying overhead, swooping down, here and there, grabbing their breakfast. I was running along, and had passed a few walkers, and noticed up ahead a guy and his dog playing fetch together. I love dogs, so I enjoyed watching them play as I drew closer and closer. My eyes were quickly drawn to something that I had caught in the corner of my eye. I looked towards the glistening, blue water, and saw a dolphin frolicking and jumping in the white, cresting waves, when all of the sudden, my feet were taken right out from under me and I landed on the sand with a heavy thud. I didn't know what had happened, I was a little winded and slightly dizzy, when I felt a wetness along my cheek and realized it was the dog I had been watching play fetch. I heard someone running towards me and then was shaded from the sun by a tall shadow, before that shadow crouched down beside me and came more into view. As my dizziness subsided, and I finally had control of my breathing again, I saw him. And I instantly gasped, he had dark hair, and the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen, full of concern. He was tall from his silhouette, I knew, but he was very fit, too, from his broad shoulders and chest, to the roping muscles of his arms. Then his words came into focus, "Are you okay? Are you hurt? I'm so sorry my dog ran into you." His voice was gentle and kind. "Yes, I think I am okay," I replied. "It just took me by surprise, but I don't think I am hurt." As I started to try to get up, he immediately, gentlly took over and helped me to my feet. As I stood, I was a little dizzy and started to teeter from side to side. He quickly wrapped his arms around me and steadied me. He didnt let go this time, until he thought that I was steady enough to stand on my own. "There you go. Are you sure you are okay?" he asked. "I just got up too fast," I replied. "Really, I'm fine, a little sore, but fine. Thank you for helping me up." " You don't have to thank me, I am just so sorry my dog ran into you," he said with a slight smile. "My name is James, this is Fox," gesturing to his dog. "Nice to meet you James and Fox, my name is Blakely," I replied. "Nice to meet you, too, Blakely," he said smiling. As I looked up at him, again I was taken back by how handsome he was. As I studied him, I realized that he look so familiar to me. But, I just couldnt place him. "Do you live close by," I asked. "Yea, just right down the beach," he replied, pointing to a house just a few houses down from where we were standing. "I live right back there, just a few houses up," I said. I've lived here for 2 years now. " I have lived here for 4 years. How have we not crossed paths before?" he said with a grin. " I am pretty sure I haven't seen you before, I would remember," he added. I looked up at him and quickly looked away, blushing. And, then it hit me why he was so familiar. He was James Maslow from the band Big Time Rush. One of my favorite bands, I dont know how I hadnt realized who he was before. I had seen him so many times on magazine covers in the supermarket line and not to mention on tv. I looked quickly back up at him and said, "Arent you James Maslow from Big Time Rush?" He grinned and looked away a moment and then back to me and said, "Yes. Do you know our music?" "Yes, yall are one of my favorite bands, I have loved your music since the first time I heard one of your songs on the radio, " I replied. "Well, that is very good to hear. Thank you. I am glad you love our music," he said with a smile. We began to walk again slowly down the beach, James tossing the frisbie, that he had been tossing before, for Fox to go and fetch. As we walked, we talked a bit about how nice the beach is here and why we loved living here, when he asked me if I would like to come to his concert tonight. It was right here in town and started at 8:00. He said how he could have a car come by and pick me up and go as his special guest. "It's the least I can do since my dog almost took you out, " he said, smiling widely. "Really, though, I would love to have you come as my guest. I would have you ride with me, but I have to arrive so early to rehearse a bit before the show."Sure," I said," that would be fun." He told me what time the car would arrive to pick me up, and then as we neared his house, he gave me his cell number and I gave him mine. As he peered down at me, as if studying my face for a moment, he smiled, and said,"see you tonight, beautful. Say 'bye' Fox." Fox barked as if he knew exactly what his owner had told him to do and ran off behind him as they walked up to his house. James turned back and smiled at me. I smiled and waved, then whispered to myself," see you tonight, too, handsome."