Gundham x Cheerful! Reader

Ever since you and your friends were un-brainwashed from despair, they've been moping around.

But that was understandable, who wouldn't feel guilty after causing so much despair to Japan?

Even so, you made it your goal to cheer your friends up, and would do anything to make your friends happy.

You tried everything, taking them out on fun hikes, playing video games, anything to distract them from the tragedy.

And, it worked. Kind of.

Most of your friends couldn't resist having fun being around your bubbly optimistic personality, but there was one person who refused your help.

You two were close friends before the tragedy, and you even managed to develop a small crush on them. You thought you two were still friends after the tragedy. Atleast, that's what you hoped. You weren't quite sure if he thought about you in the same way anymore.

You called him everyday, to say good morning, goodnight, invited him over, but he never answered.

You even asked your friends where he went. None of them knew.

**********

You felt the warmth of the sun peeking through the window as you slowly opened your eyes to a sunny morning. You sat up, stretching as you brushed your messy (H/C) hair out of your face.

You immediately checked your phone for any missed calls, texts, but nothing was there. You were disappointed to see that after a month, Gundham never returned any if your calls or texts.

Even though you were the Ultimate Optimist, you couldn't think of a good reason. You were starting to feel a bit sad.

You decided to try one more time. You hesitantly pressed the call button as the call rung.

Those 30 seconds were the most apprehensive moments of your life as you wondered whether he would pick up.

To your disappointment, he didn't answer.

You felt your face start to heat up in slight anger as many emotions began fludding your mind.

You threw your phone across your bed and curled up in a ball as hot tears streamed down your face.

"Why aren't you answering...?!" You whispered angrily to yourself. "I swear! If nothing happened to you and you're just ignoring me..!"

You felt your heart twist in sadness as the thought of something bad happening to him crossed your mind. It hurt even more to consider that he might just have been ignoring you.

Next to you, your pet (Dog/Cat) woke up. They walked up to you and snuggled into your arm.

You quickly wiped away your tears as you came up with an excuse, petting your (Dog/Cat). 'Maybe he's just busy? Or he got a new number?' You thought. 'Yeah... that's probably it. He wouldn't just ignore me like that...'

You got out of bed and made your way to the kitchen as you thought of things to make for breakfast. When you opened your fridge, you were greeted by barren shelves.

'Darn...' You sighed. 'Looks like I have to go to the store to get some more groceries...'   

You went back to your room and got dressed. You went to the bathroom and managed to tame down your messy
(H/C) hair. Once you were done with that, you grabbed your wallet and headed out to the store.

Upon arriving to the store, you also remembered that you needed more (Dog/Cat) food. You made your way to the pet food aisle and began inspecting the (Dog/Cat) food.