Chapter 2

Riff tossed and turned on his bed, sweat covering his face. The boy was having another nightmare and this one wasn't less scary than the others. As it finally came to an end, he suddently woke up, sitting on his bed abruptly. Wipping the sweat away from his forehead, Riff sighed tiredly looking at his shaking hands.

- Not again... - he muttered, trying to control his breathing as he ran one of his still trembling hands through his flaming hair.

Looking up at the ceiling, he wondered why the hell he was having all of these nightmares and why she was always the one who ended up hurt.

Ok he knew exacly why she was always the main protagonist of these wicked dreams. He just couldn't admit it not even to himself. He just couldn't admit that he liked her. Like reeeealy liked her. He was too embarrassed. Besides, she deserves much better than an irresponsible fiery who can't even contain his giant ego...

His thoughs were interrupted by a faint noise that seemed to come from outside of his room. Looking at his bedroom door curiously, Riff got up quietly, not intending to wake the others up. Just because he can't sleep it doesn't mean the others are not doing it after all.

As he closed his bedroom door carefully, already out of his room, he finally understood what that sound was.

It was someone singing. It was beautiful and melancholic, yet so familiar. Too familiar. Could it be...?

Making up his mind, he followed the sound, feeling it getting louder and louder with each step. Finally approaching the tower's roof, he looked through the giant entrance that led to one of its platforms, seeing the beautiful sky, the stars that covered it and finally his eyes fell on her.

He didn't even need to look at her face to tell how beautiful she looked. Her armour was shining faintly thanks to the moonlight that reflected itself on it and her purple hair moved slightly with the wind. Then there was her singing, one of the most beautiful things he ever heard on his life. He didn't know she could sing this good. Actually he didn't know she could sing at all. Nevertheless to say, it was a pleasant surprise.

Despite this he still felt the need to stop her and make her aware of his presence. Yes the singing sounded beautiful but it also sounded so sad and depressed. This made him sure that she wasn't okay and he had a funny feeling he knew why.

- What a surprise to see you up at this time.