Chapter 4

Riff looked at her, completly lost for words. He watched as her eyes became full of tears, threatening to come out of them and cover her already stained face and as she started sobbing, trying her best to control herself especially in front of him.

- Ao-ki you know that will never happen again! Your light is back, you are back! You're our Ao-ki again - he said, trying to reach out to her, to at least grab her hand and try to comfort her.

- N-no!! - she almost screamed, moving away from him. She hugged herself and avoided his face at all costs finally letting the tears fall - D-don't come closer please! I might hurt you...

He looked at her, worry evident on his face as she started sobbing and trembling. Seeing her like this really made his heart ache. She must have been suffering so much these past 2 weeks! And to think that they did nothing to try and find out what was going on made him feel even worst. He should have helped her, asked her why she was so sad. It was obvious she wouldn't just be all cheerful and happy after being corrupted into darkness and being used by their worst enemy! She really faked it as best as she could but no mask could ever hide the trauma she was left with.

This time he will be with her though. He won't just stay quiet, trying to silently figure out what's going on. He'll help her heal and listen to everything she has to say even if she screams and shouts it out. This time, he will be here. For her.

- I know you're in pain Ao-ki. You have so many reasons to be like this and trust me, I don't blame you after everything you went through - as he spoke, he started moving closer and closer to her as slowly as possible - But you are not alone. You have us. We are here Ao-ki, I am here! And let me tell you, I'm not going anywhere. Neither of us will.

At this point, he was finally able to embrace her, carefully wrapping her in a hug. He still waited for her reaction though, knowing she was still fearfull and unstable.

As she felt him hug her, she jumped slightly, not really expecting this kind of contact. She wanted to push him away, explain the million reasons why she was a danger to him and why she didn't deserve any of the friendly interactions he was having with her. But she just couldn't. There was something so different in hugging him like this. She didn't know how to explain it. The only thing she knew was that she felt something she hadn't felt for some time now.

Warmt

He just felt so warm against her. It was so weird yet so soothing and comfortable. She found herself leaning against him, burying her face on his shoulder and crying it all out. This surprised him tremendously since he didn't really expect her to accept his hug. Smilling tenderly at her, he pulled her closer to him, stroking her hair gently. He didn't really care if it was cold outside or if his shoulder was soaked with her tears. He only cared about her and how she was finally calming down in his arms after some time. She stopped trembling and sobbing until only a few tears remained in her eyes.

Finally, she took her face out of his shoulder and looked at him with those big purple eyes he knows so well.

- Thank you Riff. You have no idea how much I needed this - and neither did she before she felt his arms wrap around her with a gentleness she hadn't seen on him before. Looking back at the way she acted and at what she said made her feel slightly embarrassed. How did Voidus managed to get in her head like this?

- I'm so sorry Riff, I shouldn't have acted like this! All of these stupid nightmares got to my head and made me doubt myself to the point of questioning my own nature. I shouldn't have let this happen.

- It's okay Ao-ki don't worry - he said reassuringly, still holding her in his arms. He won't let her drag herself like this anymore. No way - Like I said, you have multiple reasons to be like this. It's not your fault, trust me! Besides, if you hadn't absorbed the elestar at the time, we probably wouldn't be here now, don't you think?