Chapter 12: Light of Hope

Takashi's body shaking after realizing all the things the little white fox Shiro explained into him. How things became more complicated into his perceptions, doesn't even know how to accept the fact of real identity of his real family. Even Tooru and Nyanko sensei are shocks from the revelation they've heard, no words escape from the room. Tooru gently taps Takashi's shoulder in order to gather his thoughts, he rapidly swipe his head towards Tooru's place.

"Calm down, Takashi. You don't have to be scared, we're here. We will protect you." Tooru said with assurance in her features. She was aware how fragile she currently are, but she's willing to do anything for the sake of her love one.

The words from Tooru sends calmness into the dusty blonde haired senses, though he's still cannot believe everything that he learn from the white little fox, the reality hit him so hard. Part of his heart telling him that it was true, a frightful reality that he must face and accept but how he can do it if he remain weak.

With so many doubts and unbelief into the matter, he seems started to become anxious again just like how he used to be before. Added the fact that a big part of these issue involve the malicious Clan of Matoba, some part of his senses telling him that he could ask help towards Natori, but he can't completely trust him and his Yokai's even though the young actor exorcist save him in many occurrences in the past. But this time is different and he must think wisely, the life of his offspring could be in the edge on whatever decision he'll make. The dusty haired assured that his Yokai friends will absolutely help him but he doesn't want to add some fire into the intense issue of Yokai and human exorcise, it won't resolve anything.

A soft palm of hands touch Takashi checks, making him awake in his deep thoughts, realizing that those gentle hands are from his lovable wife, Tooru. Cannot contain himself anymore, another sob of tears escape from him, he manage to accept that he doesn't have any real family member that willing to concede him, manage to move on and continuously live with his life. After all those trials that he able to conquer, another unfortunate reality awaits from him. It's so painful and unreasonable, asking himself and even asking the god why he must face this kind of event in his life. Why he have to face unending trials, causing for him to almost lost his sanity and mind.

"It's alright Takashi, you're not fighting alone anymore. We're here Takashi." Tooru's voice was so gentle, added her soft caress in his hair puts his sense in soothe. After a while his tired soul and body set to rest asleep into Tooru's lap. No one tried to make a noise until they make assured that Takashi was in deep sleep. After a moment Tooru started to speak up.

"This news about Takashi's real family wasn't easy to accept, but I know that you have a solution in mind, Shiro." Tooru said with sadness in her eyes.

"The only solution that I can assume is, if we've able to ask it into someone powerful enough just like the timely goddess that I serve." Shiro explained towards the dusty blonde haired lady.

"Oi, musme it's not safe to involve yourself in that matter. Remember that Natsume trying his best to protect you and the child in any possible way, that's why don't make reckless decision." Nyanko Sensei pointedly stated.

"B-but Nyanko sensei, I want to protect my husband as well. I know that I can do something for him." Tooru insisting.

"You can help him by securing yourself safety. That's the thing you could do." Nyanko sensei stated.

In that night Takashi Natsume had unusual dream about the beautiful timely goddess, who cast the curse into Oritsu clan. In a stormy cold field, he struggles to endure the cold breeze of air in his skin. The beautiful timely goddess looks at him with pity in her eyes.

"You're such a gentle and kind human. I hope that you'll be able to won this fight. I'm not blind to see those dried tears in your eyes since the day you been born. Rest assured, everything will work out for the better."