Chapter 6: Sweet Scent

This part has been stated by Shiro from the near future of Takashi Natsume.

 In this part Natsume was 17 years old turning to 18 in the upcoming months, he made a good friends with his high school friends, Atsushi Kitamoto, Satoru Nishimura, Jun Sasada, Kaname Takuma and Tooru Taki. In this time the dusty blonde haired decide to take a entrance exam in Tokyo University, agreed by his foster parents, the Fujiwara couple. His friends had a different plan for their grown up life which means resulting to separations from each other but it doesn't gives disquiet towards the dusty blonde haired, a matured and much sympathetic kind of person, he cared for his friends no doubt about it but he must grow as a person as well. He, Takuma and Taki bond a strong kind of friendship since the time that Taki able to see Yokai a year ago(Chapter2), while Takuma's ability become much stronger as he grows up.

That night Natsume, Takuma and Taki having a serious conversation while gazing the stars in the beautiful night sky.

"So, what's your plan now Kaname, Tooru." Takashi Natsume asks. Grow such deep friendship with each other, made them able to call each other in their perspective given name.

"As of now, I think I'll spend one year in my father's proposal for my career and if I didn't like it, I can choose what path I wanted to take. So you two will probably go one step ahead from me, but I'll keep my touch." Kaname Takuma answered. "How about you, Tooru?" Takuma added.

"Hmmm, I think I'll go in same university with Takashi." Tooru Taki said without hesitant makes the two boys in surprise, especially Takashi Natsume.

"EEHHHHHH!"

"Whattt!!"

The two boys said in unison surprise.

"What makes you think like that? Are you really sure about it?" Takashi said with surprise and redness in his face.

He was assure in himself that he had these special feelings into the cheerful energetic friends of him, but since the day that she able to see the Yokai, he discern some behavior of Tooru that makes him surprise and create a deeper feelings for his friend. Maybe he can describe that sensation as love, but he doesn't have any kind of courage to confess into her, maybe he was scared to get rejected by the woman he love. The dusty blonde haired doesn't want to put meaning into the way Tooru treat him, beside he swear into himself that he won't get married or drag someone into his frightful life, he must deal his own issue and resolve first before make important decision in life but getting married is out of question. Takashi Natsume was glad that someone like his friends understands the life he been through, at first he was scared that those people he cared depart from him due to fear or disgust reason of his capability to communicate into the Yokai. Giving his best to protect those treasured friends from the exorcist and Yokai's itself; it's not a good idea for them to get involve in that kind of matter, especially for Tooru Taki. Confuse and doubtful into his capability to protect his friends, however Nyanko sensei remain in his side to guide him in his journey. That's why he's curious why Tooru wanted to go with the same school with him.

"I though you love this city and oppose to leave this place." Kaname Takuma stated with surprise.

"I have to protect Takashi; beside you'll stay here right Kaname that's why I should go together with him." Tooru Taki stated with determination his façade.

Takashi Natsume P.O.V

My heart beat so fast with unhide shade of red in my cheeks. Unable to speak while looking in his sincere smile that captive me in the moment.

"Tokyo are a huge place with so many people and I can assume that Yokai as well. Living into that kind of new environment makes people uneasy, especially towards Takashi who had a special spiritual capability, concluding the possibilities of many Yokai will start to pester him in that place, if he cannot avoid that kind of action and occurrences, people will think that Takashi is such a weird and the thing he been through before will befall again in him. I-I just want to protect him." Tooru lowered his gaze as he avoid looking at me, maybe doesn't want me to comprehend that she pitting me as I understand it.