1

At 23 she was a working class lady when most of her mates where still struggling on how to make a better being of theirselves.

"This afternoon wasn't an exception as she was in her work place.

She sipped her Lemonade juice it was lunch time anyways and she has decided to not eat food she just wants a glass of juice which she already have but she was smiling to herself not because she was insane but she  remembered this same date even if it wasn't the same day the day she finished her service that was 3 years back, she remembered the vigorous training they went through starting their day at 4am and ending at 11pm she was happy all were in the past now the only thing left is the memory,and most important is the certificate those where in deed good days,

OMG it was past lunch time and she wasn't aware she rushed to her desk finished her work for the day and went home.

           I am Rose Brown I am the 3rd born out of 4 my parents are not very rich but we aren't poor either my two eldest sisters are happily married with children which makes me the next in line our last born was just preparing for his SSCE,i had my tertiary education in one of the best university in the country and graduated with good grades.

           Morning mum and dad I greeted my parents as I sat down for breakfast morning dear they answer in unison,my mum signal my father to say the need and I knew they were up to something he said to me we would like to discuss something important with you when we close for the day from work I was anxious and couldn't wait for work dismissal time I knew I would be in for it but I seriously need to hear what my parents are up to this time.

          I arrived at home and was wondering even the senseless ones just to guess what they were really up to and prayed that I would be comfortable with what so ever it is.

                        After all the tension they finally came back from work I had two moods on, I was happy that I wouldn't be in suspense any more and sad because anything they come up with I should be able to help them out and not disappoint them and this was sure important to them.

                      Sis dad is calling that was my younger brother's voice it was so deep I thought it was my dad but this were voices I was used for crying out loud why was I freaking out all of a sudden it been  an hour after they had returned  from work they had eaten their food and rest a bit before they summon me, here am I in his parlour still thinking because I hate being kept in suspense,he begin by clearing his throat Rose you know that whatever good or bad that happens to you we wouldn't forsake you because you are our beloved.

Me and your mum here has come to conclusion that it high time you  introduce someone to us we have been patient and you didn't introduce any one and just three days back I saw the Josephs you know them right at this stage I wasn't myself all I just want the most now is for him to stop talking.

I know were he was heading to already he wants me to marry one of their children but which of them is that all this while he was talking and I was reminiscing about nothing  my thoughts were cut shut  when my mom tapped me on the shoulder I just told him I would think about it and let him know my reply not that I heard what he said anyways.

                 I did nothing when I returned back to my room I had anger issues but it was a mild one the only thing I did was tore papers around my room which are of course no use they were my fashion designing rough sketches I was devastated to the core but what would I do?.

                     It being two weeks since the talk and I wasn't my old self today was weekend and my friend Rachel which I call Ray came to visit me she was our neighbor and has being my friend since day one immediately she saw me she screamed wtf happen to you and why the long face,but I just came out from the restroom and for her to scream this loud I knew it was off limit.

Here we are in our normal hang out place it very quiet and the atmosphere was lovely it was evening by the way I had a nice time and for some hours I forgot what my worries really were but I know immediately I sight our gate their would be a flash back of the whole incident from  Last week.

She has made up her mind to tell her parents that she was absolutely OK with their decision and has given them the go ahead to start any necessary formalities.she just hope that this decision those not change her life and happiness.
****

So how was the start good, fair,boring,confusing or interesting just drop your comment also make me smile I promise you it won't take more than 2 sec to vote just click on the star 🌟 and that is it  also share to friends.
                      Maryam Isah Yelwa 🦋