2

Their were noise here and there which signified that everybody was busy doing one thing or the other family members are happy that today one of them was getting married it wasn't much of crowd because the groom wasn't here she has to go and meet him in over sees where he lives and also works.

  She was meant to be happy at least weddings happen just once in a life time but for some more than once due to problems.

  " She has thought about this countless times who is absent on their wedding day just because of work but he should be given permission even if it was three days she was just being obedient to her parents and at some point in time she seriously wished she had rejected the offer.

She had known him  just when she was five and he was ten they weren't friends because he was a bully and she didn't want anything associated with him.

Their families where very close till the time the Josephs  decided to change location when their dad was transferred to the states she cared less it was just their parents that were still in contact.

She has been thinking about the good old days not about him though then she had it is official,congratulations dear she had her aunts and friends say their voices laced with happiness.

She wasn't happy but of course she has to roll with the flows before you know it the water works begins and they were busy consoling her she wished all of this hasn't taken place or started in the first place.

            She was conveyed to his parents house here in Nigeria where she would finally meets her future tomorrow in the states.

**********
    She arrived at the states and wished she had just turned back because the regrets has began,she was standing alone looking at people welcoming their loved ones with love and laughter he wasn't their to welcome her not that she wasn't expecting that just then a many in his fourties approached her he was holding a banner that has her name boldly inclined on it MRS ROSE BROWN  hissed saying Mrs my foot she didn't want to sound disrespectful the man greeted her with his tick American assent she responded and he told her that he was sent to pick her up.

"At some point in time she began to think if her parents loved her or not but she was just trying to be obedient.

             When she arrived she prayed he wasn't at home because he is the last person she wants to see right now she just had a little tour around the house to be familiar with things there and she occupied an empty room she was going to arrange her things tomorrow but for now she was tired and needs nothing but rest.
🦋

            My parents has been on my neck and has insisted that if I didn't provide them an in-law they were going to do the needed,i didn't care at first but as time goes on I became very worried.

         At my age I was to be allowed to do absolutely everything I want to do and not them controlling and designing my life am so done with obeying them.

They called me earlier today informing me that she would be coming soon I didn't think about it and didn't seek for permission this time I just sent one of my chauffeurs even though I was free.I already know who she was and their was no need of being formal ,we were enemies back then and I don't want to associate with her and am sure the same also applies to her.

Thank God yesterday wasn't as stressful as many married men claimed their wedding day were.

All thanks to the internet I had the privilege to see my distant relatives it was a great day indeed for some minutes I didn't remind myself that they were all gathered here because of me who was not their with them I felt loved but wait what an irony Groom being absent on his wedding day but who cares.

             I am Kelvin Joseph I am the 2nd born of my family I have 3 younger ones I am an architect and that has being my dream since I was a child to design houses that people live in not that I do that because of the money in it but I actually find pleasure and joy in doing so.

I also have a good taste for fashion and love to sleep a lot in fact I cherish my sleep,i don't have too much friend but of course I have admires forget about all this I have being looking at myself at the album on my desk in my office blushes.

I actually have a meeting to attend by 2 and it is going to last till late noon so wasn't sure of when I would be going back home,the driver has informed me that she has arrived but who cares she married my family not me for all I could remember we have never been on good terms.

"But she can just do herself a favor and stay the hell out of my way.

The meeting began in no time and it was about a project we were going to work on all we have to do was plans for them and also design, it would be a grand one but it sure was going to be hectic it was a very big company they wanted to open another one and wanted it to be esquiste  and good looking I already have the Idea  of something beautiful and attractive on my head and couldn't wait to start the work right a way and also pop champagne after everything was over.

Rest is actually sweet after labour they say I was done for the day but of course it was late all I just wanted was to sleep for as long as I want without disturbance.

I have started sleeping when I heard my cell phone ring I caused under my breath before picking it up from the night stand I thought it was one of my friends that were at it again to tease me off about being different from them because I was married  but oops it was my mom I rubbed my eyes to make sure that what I saw was clear but wait why was she calling in late that was not her habit, it was then I remembered that I wasn't alone in the house she was calling probably because of her.

I quickly sit up before she would sense anything I greeted her in our dialet(yoruba) which was unlike me she didn't answer all she asked was how is my daughter in law doing, hope you are treating her well, have she eaten let me talk to her now it was her turn to listen to me shit I was beginning to think that she has transferred half of her love for me to her daughter in law very soon the love she has for her would be more than the one she has for me.

Mom she is fast asleep and of course she is doing fine and your daughter in law which is my wife needs rest (I only said that so that  she could get off the phone soon) at last the call ended but something popped into my head she didn't ask how I was doing hmm good Lord.

Yah or nah  don't forget to vote comment and share.

Maryaama  Yelwa 🦋😁😀