Chapter I

"You don't belong here," spoke the woman in front of the crowd that surrounded the pitiful lady on the floor. "You're nothing but a nuisance. Everywhere you go, there comes nothing but pure trouble!"

"Look at you, acting naive and innocent!"

The woman grabbed a fistful of the crying lady's hair, pulling it and making her face her. The poor one sobbed sounds of pain, feeling as though her hair was being pulled out her scalp. "You aren't what you seem, you two-faced bitch."

"I-It's not true–"

"Shut up! You meant for everyone to fall for your stupid act so they'll be on your side, isn't that right?"

"N-no, I–"

"You meant for everyone to know that you are not like your family. That you are different. But, the apple never falls too far from the tree," smirked the woman.

"Mayumi, you're nothing but a manipulative bitch. We both know who is the queen of manipulative bitches, don't we? So, it' about time you learned your lesson."

"Once and for all."

The victim, in the cruel woman's mercy, had her eyes widen in pure fear, knowing what comes next. She struggled free, only to fail and be pushed harshly to the floor. The woman she was afraid of, as well as those around her, closed in on her, smiling with all the cruel laughter.

"P-please... Please s-stop... N-no! S-stay away from m-me– St-stay away, p-lease! N-n-n—"

"—NO!!!"

Dressed in a black plain over-sized shirt and a pair of red plaid boxer shorts was a woman of seventeen years of age. She was sweating profusely from the nightmare she had, breathing erratic and body shaking in fear. A heavy sigh left her lips as she held her body.

Realizing it was just a bad dream, she laid back on her bed, staring at the white ceiling with tired eyes.

"Even after all this time... Just when I finally decide to go back to school, I suddenly dreamed of that," were her exasperated words. Again, she sighed, sitting up on her bed.

"Ah, but I won't let that bring me down!" Despite her negative thoughts regarding her nightmare, she brimmed with optimism, pumping a fist up in the air. "Yes! No way! I can do this!"

With how instant her recovery was, the shortand raven-haired woman smiled positively as she hopped of her bed. Curious of the time right now, she checked her adorable black cat clock. The second she did, her face went pale.

"NO, I'M GOING TO BE LATE ON MY FIRST DAY!!!"

And thus, she began to get ready for school.

While our protagonist rushes to prepare herself, shall we learn of who she is?

Her name is Mayumi Masamune. As it was stated, she is seventeen years old. Her birthday will be in a couple months from now, around the month of December, on the 31st. In other words, not now but soon, she will turn eighteen. Although this is her age, she is only a first year in high school. Today is her supposed first day as a sudden transferee.

There was a reason for her to be considerably older than her soon-to-be classmates. It was because of her past experiences while she was still a middle schooler. Because of that certain reason, she had stopped coming to school. However, she did graduate, but she did it at gome, in her room.