Chapter 1

Have you ever thought to yourself if you'll ever find someone to be with? Or even love for probably the rest of your life?

I Live in LA where I lived in a small house with a single mother. And I go to Emerson Middle School and well I don't have many friends there actually non at all, all I do is go to class, study, and don't socialize with anyone... Oh and try not to be so awkward near people especially when the teacher calls on you to go up say your essay report on why your so thankful. I was always the quite one in every class and whenever a cute girl talks to me or even ask me "what's your name" I get nervous and don't bother looking her straight in the eyes.

So anyways there I was sitting in my old desk with people I always see with the teacher who's always boring. But when the teacher which is Mr. Green said where having a new student Today I really wasn't surprised there's always new kids coming in school but I saw the new girl in the class and it kinda caught my eye I would say hi but as you guessed it I'm a very awkward person to even say excuse me.

But of course there goes all those guys saying hi to her and Mr.Green said " welcome to Emerson Middle school my name is Mr.Green and I will be your teacher for the whole year. Care to tell us your name?" The new girl said " Vanessa " she said. She has a pretty name I thought to myself and she seemed to make friends already but then Mr.Green said " OKAY class let's partner up we're gonna do a two group work" And I didn't like the idea of that "Oh boy" I said and the new girl looked at me and of course I started to look awkward. She said "hey wanna partners?" Wait what?! Out of everyone in class she wants me to be her partner? Huh "sure" I said so we got our desks together but as soon as she got her pencil I noticed something a scratch mark on her wrist but I couldn't make out what it really was I didn't want to ask her I was to shy to even look at her I've never been close to a pretty girl before.

"What's your name" she asked and I looked at her and said " Jamie, Jamie Grimm and yours?" She said "Vanessa Kember"

I didn't think anyone would wanna be my partner? But she was beautiful I stared at her for a moment but she caught me staring so I looked away "don't be awkward, Don't be awkward" I whispered to myself. Vanessa looked at me and said " you think you can help me on this problem I'm having a little trouble on it"

I said "yeah sure" at that point I was starting to be a lot awkward but then I saw this kid Travis and his friends, he called me and said " Hey yo Jamie how about you go with your nerd friends and you let me help her" ugh! Can't believe he said that I'm not gonna say anything I'm to scared to

I was ready to get up until Vanessa said " No, I asked Jamie to help me so maybe you should take your jerk self and go help someone else " Whoa... Thought she would say that.

Vanessa looked at me and said " Don't listen to them they're jerks. I like you , your not like those other kids who to try to impress other people by making fun of people " Haha... Yeah wait what?! Like? No one ever liked me well at least not a girl I've been bullied my whole life but I never thought she would stick up for me.

Its 2:15 and it was time to go home and I went to my locker got my bag and I noticed Vanessa across the hall she looked beautiful from far away too I thought to myself. Vanessa saw me and went to my locker and said " thanks for helping me on the work Mr.Green gave us"

"Thanks for sticking up for me in class" I said so we went outside and went home. But as soon as I left I felt something I didn't know what it was but it was a feeling I never felt before but I'm glad to say I finally got a friend.