oikuroo

A/N: they're on the world youth team in this

At first they don't seem to get along well because Kuroo is a little shit who loves to terrorize Oikawa, but then they slowly get closer. they build up trust.

Then, on their first game together as a team, Oikawa gets nervous because he doesn't want to let Kuroo down. He doesn't want to fall apart and have a repeat of his last match with Karasuno. obviously, Kuroo takes notice of his behavior and asks him about it.

"All my life, I've never been enough." Oikawa says, chuckling. "I've always worked hard but-"

He takes a deep breath. "I couldn't get my team to nationals."

Oikawa suddenly feels two strong arms being wrapped around him. Kuroo Tetsurou is hugging him. Oikawa is too shocked to respond: he's never acted like this before.

Of course, Kuroo was always pretty touchy with everyone, but it was mostly high fives or hard slaps to the back. He never hugged anyone. When Oikawa finally does react, he mimics Kuroo's movement's, wrapping his arms around his waist.

"You're enough, Tooru."

Oikawa gasps, he doesn't say anything. And he doesn't have to. Kuroo squeezes him tighter and lets Oikawa cry into his shoulder.

Kuroo knows that he's been through hell to get here. He's seen how tough Oikawa is, how incredible his is. But even with all that talent, he's still human. He has a breaking point. And he's been broken far too many times for Kuroo's liking.

So he makes a promise to himself and to Oikawa that he will always be there for him, no matter where they are or how far they drift apart. And Oikawa makes the same promise because well-

It may not seem like it, but Kuroo Tetsurou needs Oikawa Tooru just as much as Oikawa needs him.