CHAPTER I

Veronica walked to her locker as soon as the sound of the bell rings came ringing into her ears. she had been waiting for lunch break since the math lesson came, she hated math since god knows when. somehow, she couldn't get herself to get a good scores on math. all those calculating and brain workouts she had done with math is growing her a pit of starve inside her stomach. she had planned to go straight to the cafeteria to get some food so that she could fix her hunger problems.

she opens her locker while putting her books away before she felt like she stepped onto something. she looked down and there was a card laying down on the ground beneath her foot.

Peter. 6th April 2004. hAppy birThday my Boy you arE GrowIng up Now.

she read it inside her head while thinking who the card's belongs to, i mean, its pretty rare for people to send posts cards again these days.

"weird, but cool"

Veronica said to herself after examining the card she held in her hands. not thinking too much about it, she put the card inside her bag, 'maybe it fell from someone's bag' she thought to herself. she then saw her lovely bestfriend walking up to her from the hallway with a smile plastered on his face.

"hey Ronnie.."

Lucas said as he leaned to the lockers. Veronica then heard giggles from behind her and she turn her head around, only to be greeted by some stupid popular girls thirsty over Lucas. Lucas had gone through puberty, meaning his face has gone really handsome, well, at least that's what the others think. he had gained so many attention from girls, but- Veronica never thought like that. she still see Lucas as the old one, the one who has a chubby round face that she would squish because it was so soft, the one who used to be shorter than her, the one who's actually not look intimidating.

Veronica didn't want to let go all of that. but it has changed now. Lucas changed. and Veronica too. but she never seemed to be noticed by anyone. anyone but Lucas. she never want to move on. she still find it difficult to move on from her childhood life. she enjoyed it as it lasted.

"can you not lean to the locker? i hate hearing those stupid giggles!"

Veronica whispered to Lucas, but of course, Lucas laugh seeing how annoyed Veronica looked.

"well, at least i know someday those girls would wanna date me"

Lucas replied with a little laugh, as Veronica rolled her eyes while she holds the straps of her bags.

"well at least someone's learning their lessons"

Veronica said referring to the greet Lucas gave earlier was so different from the greet Lucas's giving her now.

"i don't want to be killed by the one and only Veronica Jones Carter here okay"

Lucas replied while chuckling, sarcasm filled the tone of his voice.

as they were walking from Veronica's locker, they then heard some grunts and firm voices from the empty gym. which made Veronica instantly looked at Lucas with a frown and a gulp. they walked near the entrance of the gym as they saw a boy getting beat up by none other than Charles Jay William, his dad is the principal. He's been bullying Veronica too for the past couple of years, always leaving Veronica in a crying mess. of course Veronica had hold her grudges on Charles, and Lucas had always be there to calm her down. Lucas know everything that had happened to Veronica, he even tried to defend her once. that's why they both could be said they are the bestest friend ever.

"isn't that the new kid?"

Lucas said as he turn his head to Veronica who's looking worried like crazy