ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

"Y/N! Do you know where my jacket is?"

Hop shouted from downstairs, surprising me. "Hop, where did you last put it?"

"I don't know or I wouldn't be asking you!"

"Where were you last?"

Silence. 

"Oh, the professor's lab."

"Then it's probably there, Hop."

I heard quick footsteps and something that sounded like "Thanks" before the sound of the front door slamming shut. I sighed, shaking my head. I swear, my brothers are the most forgetful people I know. It's a wonder I'm not as forgetful as them.

I walked downstairs to see my mother in the kitchen, cleaning dishes. "Oh hello, sweetheart. I thought you already left for the day."

I sat down at the kitchen table, setting down my bag in the chair next to me. "Unfortunately no."

I ran my hand over the plaid pattern of the table cloth. "Honey, aren't you going to be a trainer like Hop?"

I leaned back in my chair, tipping it back slightly and then lightly bouncing up and down on my heels. "I don't really want to do that challenge, and I think by now it's too late anyways. Hop and Leon are all for that fame and popularity, but I think I just want to live a normal life with my Pokemon. Speaking of which,"

I pull out a Pokeball from my bag and toss it gently onto the kitchen floor. Alcremie, or as I call her, Berry, pops out, exclaiming when she sees me. Hopping over, I pick her up and softly pet her head. "I'm just saying, I want you to have some excitement. You don't want to end up like me and stay at home with your kids all the time."

I smile and roll my eyes. "Yeah, but you're fine with staying at home taking care of us."

My mother chuckles and smiles again. "That's because I wanted to settle down and have a family with your father. That was my choice. You don't need to follow in my footsteps, dear."

"Yeah, well, even if I don't have a family with someone, I'm still just going to live a normal life."

"Okay. Well, normal life or not, I need you to go to Hammerlocke and give something to your brother."

I knew immediately who she was addressing, because Leon had been over a couple days ago to spend time with us, and before he set off he told Hop he'd see him in Hammerlocke. "Okay, what is it?"

She handed me his hat he always wore. I looked at it and shook my head. "He forgot it again?"

Mom smirked and nodded. "He always forgets something, honey."

I give her a hug and walk upstairs to grab anything I might need on the way there. I'm just going to call a Flying Taxi anyways, so I won't need much since I'll be to Hammerlocke and back. I grab the rest of my Pokeballs, before putting them into my bag. I grab my phone and some money in case I need it, and scoop up Berry before telling Mom goodbye one last time before I leave. 

As I walk outside, I hear shouting somewhere in the distance. I recognize the voice, it's Hop. He's probably all excited about something, because his voice always raises when he is. I go to the voice and sure enough, it's Hop, talking to the professor and my best friend, Sonia. From what she's told me, she's looking to be the next professor when Professor Magnolia steps down. 

I start to approach them, Sonia seeing me first and exclaiming. Hop turns to see what she's so excited about and sees me, shouting, "Y/N! Come over here, look at this!"

I walk over to the trio and Hop shoves a Pokemon egg into my hands. "Look what the Professor gave me!"

I hand it back to him and chuckle. "You're so loud I could hear you from the house, Hop."

Hop huffs. "I'm just so excited I get to hatch an egg! I wonder what I'll get from it?"

Sonia interrupts him. "So, you're finally retreating from that cave of a room in your house?"

I roll my eyes and smile at her. "I just have to get something to Leon in Hammerlocke, Mom asked me to."

Hop's eyes widen when I mention Leon. "You're going to see Leon?"

I nod. "That's what I said."

He starts bouncing up and down again. "Can I come with you?"

I shrug. "I mean, if you want to stay with Leon after that because I'm not staying in Hammerlocke, Hop."

"Okay, well let's go!"

I pull out my phone and call a Flying Taxi to where we're at. It arrives and we start on our way to Hammerlocke.