13 | Absence of Light

Turns out, finding Amisha Jeet was a harder task than Sierra had predicted

Turns out, finding Amisha Jeet was a harder task than Sierra had predicted. The next morning, Sierra had checked not just the library but the great hall, and every goddamn lounge room and still had made no progress on the whereabouts of Amisha.

Catching sight of a certain Italian boy, Sierra races to catch up with him in the hallway. "Alec!"

At the sound of his name being frantically called, he stops mid-step and turns around to see the redhead running up to him.

With furrowed eyebrows, Day leans over and says, "What does she want with you?"

"We're about to find out," Alec replies, as Sierra stops in front of him.

Her face is flushed with colour, and her hair falls around her face, framing it. Her eyes are alert as they fall on Day, before shifting back to Alec. And dare Day think, Sierra Kingsley looks like a stunner – even if she has a tendency to throw people against walls.

"Hey," she starts, her voice coming out a little breathy from her jog. "You're close with Amisha, right?"

Alec lifts his eyebrows, he's not sure anyone could be 'close' with Amisha Jeet. "I mean, we don't stay up and braid each other's hair but I suppose for your intents, yes."

"Uh, okay?" Sierra mutters quizzically, thrown aback by Alec's roundabout way of answering. "Do you know where she would be right now?"

"Not sure, have you checked the lounges?"

"Yeah, do you know what dorm she's in?"

Alec opens his mouth to reply but halts when he realizes that he indeed doesn't know. Amisha Jeet wasn't one to talk about herself. Alec knew that Amisha could probably write an entire book about him, he on the other hand could list on one hand every correct fact he knows about her.

"Uh no, but I know that she's in the same dorm as Claudia Bluebell."

Alec recalls the time when Amisha wouldn't stop going on about how much of a neat freak Claudia is. Apparently, Bluebell had to fight the urge to tidy Amisha's area in their dorm every morning.

"Thank you!" With a grateful smile in Alec's direction, and a hesitant and polite one aimed at Day, she's running off into the opposite direction.

Alec shrugs when he sees the quizzical look on Day's face and turns around to carry on his way to the Great Hall.

"We have training, tomorrow right?"

"Yeah," Day replies, with a groan.

"They're training us too hard, man. I am KOed." Alec pushes through the crowd in the hallway as they enter the Great Hall, which is mainly empty giving them lots of choices for seats. The perks of being half an hour early to dinner.