18.4

That night, Mia is boxing Letty's things up as cops stake the house out as if Dom and Mak would show. Mia takes a box out to the garage before she starts going through it again. Mia turns as she hears footsteps.

"Dom, Kenz," Mia gasps as she sees her siblings. Mia hugs each of them. "I told you not to come. They're staking the place out. If they find you..."

"They won't," Mak says before she hugs Mia again. "Look at you." It had been five years since Mak had seen her little sister and she had grown up. Dom looks around the garage before he catches sight of his charger and starts walking over to it.

"Letty wouldn't let them junk it," Mia says as she watches her brother.

"Even though it is a goddamn curse," Mak says with a small smile.

"When Letty came back, she was always in here, working on it day and night. It was weird. It was like she knew you both were coming back." Dom leans down at the window, looking inside the car before spotting his necklace hanging on the rearview mirror.

"I want to see the crash site," Dom says as he turns to his sisters.

Dom pulls up to where Mia, points out the crash site to be. Mak, Dom, and Mia get out of the car.

"It's straight ahead," Mia tells them as she leans on the hood. Dom and Mak then walk over to where the crash was. Mak and Dom visualize the crash before Mak kneels down to touch something yellow. They get back into the car before Dom starts driving them home. He stops about two blocks away from their house, where Mak's car is parked.

"You found something back there," Mia states as she looks at Mak.

"There were burn marks on the ground. The kind that could only be caused by nitrometh," Mak explains to her.

"There's only one guy in all of L.A. that sells that," Dom says causing Mak to nod in agreement.

"Nothing either of you can do is gonna bring her back, Kenz, Dom," Mia says sadly. "If I were Letty, I would ask you both... No, I would beg you both, please, let this go. Before it's too late."

"It's already too late," Dom tells her as Mak nods in agreement.

"I love you, both," Mia says before kissing them each on the cheek and getting out of the car.