Ice and Fire: Opposites Attract Part 3

RECAP:

I was dying.

Ephelia's POV

"We have to get her to the hospital! Why would you give her a disorienting potion?" Iyn screamed.

"I thought it might make her give us information. Maybe he put too much in it?" Darius sounded seriously upset, though I was pretty sure it wasn't for me. He was concerned for himself and the punishment he might receive.

I felt myself being lifted into strong arms. I was getting blood all over my savior. He didn't seem to care.

Before I knew it, we were at the hospital ward. I could smell the cleaning supplies and hear the moans of the pained. I was gently laid on an uncomfortable bed and hooked up to a heart monitor. I could hear the unsteady beat of the organ that kept me alive.

"Your Majesty, we've given her some medication in the IV and that should help, but for now, we'll just have to wait and see." A soft female's voice spoke.

The medication pulled me into darkness.

Iyn's POV

She was pale. Not the white all the Ice Demons were, but so pale you could make out the light blue veins in her face. Her face was scrunched in pain and her eyeballs moved back and forth quickly behind her eyelids.

"Your Majesty, we've given her some medication in the IV and that should help, but for now, we'll just have to wait and see," a nurse said.

More than anything, I wanted Ephelia to wake up though I wasn't sure why. She was my enemy. I should want nothing from her except information.

My mother waltzed into the room. "There you are, Iyn. We've been waiting for you for an hour. Emily is really eager to meet you. I think you sh-"

"MOM! I do not want to marry Emily. When I marry someone it will be because I love her and she loves me. Not because of an arranged marriage where my wife would only want me for my money. And you and I both know what category Emily falls under." I saw tears well up in her eyes.

"Ah, Mom, I'm sorry; I didn't mean it. I'm stressed right now. I have to deal with finding the portal and training three new soldiers to take Bathios, Quelx, and Leon's place. Plus, I have an unconscious Ice Demon to take care of and interrogate. My plate is a little full right now and I don't have time for thoughts of marriage. I promise when things have slowed down, I'll look for a wife, alright?"

She wiped her cheeks and nodded. I pulled her into a hug.

Mystery POV

Damn it, it hadn't worked! I had been very careful when I switched the potions. I had covered my tracks. But she was still alive!

The soup itself had contained enough poison to kill her instantaneously, but she had been careful, only taking small sips and not eating the whole thing.

I watched, furious, at my plan fell apart.

I would just have to try harder.

Ephelia's POV

Beep...beep...beep. Where was that sound coming from? Beep..................................................

"We're losing her!" a voice shouted. Something hit my chest and I jerked. Heat spread through my system. It happen four more times before it stopped.

Beep...beep...beep. "Okay, got her back," the same voice breathed.

Beep...beep...beep.

Someone pulled my eyelid open and shone a light on it. "Pupils are good; they're reacting to the light. Pulse is strong and she's breathing on her own. I believe she'll wake up soon, Your Majesty."

I didn't want to wake up soon. I wanted to wake up NOW! I had no idea where I was and all I could see was black with the occasional red. I was bored, with having nothing to do but think.

Every second I tried to move. A twitch would have made me jump up and down for joy.

"Doctor! Doctor, she moved! Her finger twitched."

It did? I tried again and got the same reaction from the person.

"This is good. It means the poison is being pushed out of her system. It should come out as tears. Ah, see." Something dabbed at my cheeks and I realized I was crying. But these tears were strange. Instead of liquid, it felt as if syrup were sliding down my face.

"Well, no wonder she had this reaction. She was given dragon's blood. A small amount can kill an Ice Demon instantaneously. She must be a very powerful demon to have survived." There was a pause. "Do you mind if I ask who she is, Your Majesty?"

I waited for Iyn to reply. "I only know that she is a guard and her name is Ephelia."

More syrup ran down my face, falling in rivers.

I shot awake, meeting the Fire King's red eyes.

"You're awake," he whispered.

WHO IS THE MYSTERY PERSON?  ANY GUESSES?