❁Prelude❁

The day Aloha changed was one of the most memorable days of my life, and not in a good way. 

I had no idea how much it would change me. 

There was an absence in the atmosphere, something missing in the room. That bubbly, sparkling inkling was gone, and in his place was a dull silhouette. I had no idea how it happened, it just did. 

I found out at a team meeting, I could immediately tell that something was wrong. Mask and Skull were acting like normal, but I could tell what was missing. 

Aloha. 

He walked in late, although he normally would be on time. His bright and twinkling eyes were replaced with dark dull pupils. He seemed more dim, and just there, instead of bursting with energy. He was quiet, not even saying anything witty as he walked through the door. For some reason, I was the only one who noticed. 

He was like a wilting rose that used to bloom in the sunlight, and I didn't know why. I had to know why, it didn't seem right. All of this running inside my mind as the meeting went on as normal. 

Why... why did I care so much?! What was wrong with me?! I didn't know, but the absence of that idiotic, annoying, party animal side of Aloha seemed to haunt me. 

Why did I hate him so much, but when did I start to care? 

These thoughts kept running through my mind, two polarizing views in my head that seemed to fight with each other. It was okay, as long as I could keep myself together on the outside, I could lose it on the outside. 

Why was I freaking out over a simple mood change?! 

Well, it was Aloha, and if I was being honest with myself I've been liking him for months now. 

But what was wrong with him?!

And what was wrong with me?!