THE NEW GUY

~

In Atlanta, Georgia today was the first day of being an intern for Devon Pravesh. He was prepared for the day with is white coat, his stethoscope, and his stupid tie. He wanted to make a good first impression, but unknown to him what was in-store for him today. He studied med in Harvard so what else did he have to know.

~

In a parked white 2017 Chevrolet Impala in front of Chastain Hospital, sat a women who was ready to go into work even if it meant having to deal with Randolph Bell. She was never one to hate somebody but Bell was an exception.

By the time mysterious lady got out of her car she saw one of her best friend's coming her way. She smiled at him before saying the first thing in her mind, "Do I look fat?" She was 3 months pregnant she had the right to know, after all the food cravings were getting to her.

Conrad laughed at her before saying, "No, Emmy you look great." In all retrospect she was beautiful, no baby bump could change that.

Even though he guaranteed her everyday, a small part of her doubted it. As they were heading into the hospital, she hummed, "Mhm, I don't believe you but I'll let it slide this time. Besides you have to get ready for your intern today." Both were 3 year residents here at Chastain Hospital and having an intern was exhausting at the end of the day. Especially the ones that thought they were all that.

"Oh, don't remind me.", Conrad groaned out. In all honesty he hated interns, they didn't listen to him and thought they knew everything. But he loved to see their face when he cut them.

Emily laughed at him, "Well I wish you good luck, but when he wants to change residents please don't let him come to me." She gave her best puppy dog eyes while holding her hands together, she didn't want to deal with any BS today.

While walking backwards down the hall to face her, he said "Wouldn't dream of it." He winked at her before he turned back around going to get changed.

~

As he walked into Chastain Hospital, he was amazed by the sight in front of him. Other interns were there too but he hoped he could stand out from them, even if that meant sucking up.

As he was walking a woman named Cara started talking to him, "Wow, that's him." Up ahead in front of them was Randolph Bell the Chief of Surgery.

"Doctor Randolph Bell. Chief of Surgery. He's a legend.", Devon was in awe from actually seeing him in person. This was my moment, he thought.

As he started to approach, Devon greeted him, "Excuse me, Dr. Bell?" He didn't show it but he was nervous. Bell turned his head when he was addressed.

"I just wanted to say that I really admired you," he said with a tone of excitement as he shook his hand. "And you're the reason why I chose this residency."

Bell grinned, "Well you made the right decision." In all honesty he needed to work with more doctors who looked up to him, he just didn't need some things to come out about his performances during surgery.

"Thank you." Devon replied with a smile as Bell started to talk to other people.

Devon turned around with that smile still on his face. "Did you see that?" He asked Cara, "I feel like I just got blessed by the pope." He still couldn't believe it. Randolph Bell, THE Randolph Bell, spoke to him, it was like a dream come true.

There was a ping coming from Cara's phone soo after. "Oh, my supervising resident just texted me," she said nervously, "Oh! A winky and a smiley face." She relaxed after she got that message, maybe her day will go great. "That's got be good right?"