07 | clueless

07: 우 둔

"OKAY." I SAID, this time much firmer. It was a futile attempt of self-reassurance, one that I had repeated not as a response, but more like a confirmation to myself.

"Did you just come to me to ask that question?" Jungkook said, his gaze turning to mine, a glint in his eye. Blinking, I opened my mouth to answer, but no words seem to come out. Instead, a blush dusted my cheeks.

"Yes," I said, turning away from him as I shifted slightly, "I was worried."

"Oh, boo-hoo." Jungkook drawled childishly, "And here I thought you'd be worried about me."

Getting somewhat used to Jungkook's frivolous antics, I had gotten used to these sorts of remarks by now. Leaning back, I picked up a book laying on the ground which happened to be the Film and Photography books.

"You were studying?" I said, dismissing his earlier remark.

"Well, sort of." Jungkook said casually, leaning back again on the bookshelves. The third floor of the library was private, which would explain his laid back demeanour.

I frowned. As far as I knew, Film and Photography wasn't a subject in Haru Academy. But I guess he'd be interested in it. My brows slightly raised in surprise, wondering how Film and Photography for Jungkook was so surprising yet so right.

Finding myself smile a little bit at this newfound discovery, I glanced at Jungkook. His heavy and dark eye bags were visible and he looked like he hadn't slept in ages. Up close, I could see how tired he was.

"Did you get any sleep at all?" I said, furrowing my brows.

"Yeah, a little. Must be the cause of the headache." Jungkook said, shrugging his shoulders. "Nothing to worry about—"

"You have a headache?" I said, furrowing my brows, my voice steel. "You should have gone to rest in a proper place, not in a library, Jeon." I continued, wondering why he'd gone to library when the infirmary was a much better place to rest.

Jungkook's brows shot up. "I get headaches all the time, it's nothing—"

"You get headaches all the time?" I said, cutting him off, now standing up fast panic settled. "That is not something to joke about, Jungkook." I hissed, my voice a little hard.

Jungkook stares at me, a glint in his eye as he smiles. "You're worried about me after all." He said, chuckling. "Alright, Pres. Stop looking so pissed. It's scary."

Calming myself, I directed my glare to Jungkook. "I am scary, Jeon. You just haven't got the hang of it. Not even the slightest."

"Oh yeah?" Jungkook challenged, now amused. "I'd like a small portion of your anger. But I'd bet it'll only look something futile."

"Futile?" I glared, before scoffing. "Shut up, Jeon."

"Can't fool you, huh," Jungkook said, smirking slyly.

Pressing my lips in annoyance, I stared at him with still furrowed brows. Right. In any case, whatever it was, Jungkook must have had his reasons for staying here.

"So," I huffed, sitting back down. "What's your excuse?"

Jungkook stares at me, lips curving gently. "Gotta study."

"Study?" I looked at him with wide eyes. "You study?"

Jungkook stared at me with amused eyes, now facing me, "What's with that reaction?" He said, a small grin tilting his lips, "I'm a student, too. It's only fitting I study."