Chapter 17

Alessa

Rage.

It was consuming me. And I was allowing it.

I looked straight at Selden, my eyes devoid of emotion.

"What did the-" I stopped myself from speaking the insult that the bitch deserved. "What did that Goddess say?" I asked, fists clenching at my sides. "And don't fucken dare lie to me," I added, my tone leaving no room for argument. He looked at me, then the ground, before finally speaking.

"She came to me in a dream. She warned me about you. Said you'd hurt my pack and I. For a second, I thought she could be right," he said, not daring to meet my eyes. My fists unclenched, although my teeth were still gritted together.

"Ignore her. I hope you believe me over her, but I understand if you want me out of your land. I can find a way to help you from outside. So, do you? Because I will grab my men and leave. I've nothing to do here," I spoke. His gaze snapped to me. He rushed to my side and wrapped me in his arms. I remained unmoving.

"No. I don't want you to leave again. I won't allow it," he rushed out. He pulled back slightly. "What happened? With the Goddess. Why did she say that?" he asked. I sighed and closed my eyes briefly. I opened them and looked ahead, dazed.

"I'm not sure. Maybe she wants you..." I trailed off, not being able to speak the word.

"Dead?" he said with a sad smile. "Smart tactic she used. You won't get away from me. So have me get away from you. Fuck, I'm so gullible. I'm sorry," I shook my head, making him stop.

"Don't worry about it. She won't bother you anymore. I'll make sure of it," I said. "Let's head back. I'm fairly hungry," I said, my anger subsiding. He chuckled and nodded.

--------------------------------

Weeks Later.....

Dax

I watched as Alessa dressed, her belly very noticeable now. She looked to be about 3 months. I smiled as she put on one of my t-shirts that barely showed her belly. She then put on a pair of my shorts since she had gotten a bit bigger for hers. She looked beautiful nonetheless, radiant. I was so glad when I found out.

"Stop drooling," she muttered, making me chuckle. I walked towards her, wrapping my arms from behind.

"I can't help it. You look so sexy pregnant and in my clothes," I said, kissing her neck. She shivered at my breath on my mark.

My mark.

I smiled at the thought. I had finally marked her a couple weeks back. I had gone through some changes. I felt stronger and more powerful than before. I now share her powers. I was shocked when she explained this.

"Dax?" her voice broke through my thoughts.

"Hm?" I responded, rubbing my hand over her belly. I felt a sudden kick, making me smile. I turned to Alessa, who smiled. "They recognize their dad," I said, turning her to face me and spinning her around.

"Yes," she giggled. She gripped her head, making me stop abruptly.

"I'm sorry, love. You okay?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.

"I'm fine, just a little nauseous. I have to tell you something," she said, unconsciously running her hand up and down my arm.

"What is it, love?" I asked, picking her up and setting her down on the bed.

"Remember when I went to talk to the Goddess a few weeks back?" she said, looking at me. I nodded.

"Well, things didn't go as planned. She didn't care about Selden dying. So, I got mad and attacked her," she continued, making me stiffen. "The thing is, she's my sister. I was supposed to be the next Goddess, but I decided to let her be the Goddess because I didn't want the position. After this last meeting, however..." she trailed off. To say I was shocked was an understatement. My angel was one of the Goddess' daughter. Hell, I didn't even know that there was a change of Goddess.