Chapter II

She stared at Vivienne while she was sleeping. Pointed nose, charming eyes,  and same hair color as hers. She kissed her forehead and cuddle her.

Vivienne has been her tower of refuge and strength. Whenever she loses the urge to continue her life, she just embraced her child and gave her the most affectionate kiss on her face. She thinks if she dies, who will take care of Vivienne? No one. So, she is trying all her might to raise her up..... to give her the future she deserved.

Before Eliseo died on his bed, the papers for her adoption were already processing. Eliseo and Adaline planned for this but now, she has to raise her up alone. And no mother wants to raise her child without a father.

A father.

It is not something she could promise to her daughter. Vivienne has been asking her where she got her ring and why there are male clothes on the cabinet. Soon enough, she will ask her who is her father. Vivienne knows about the adoption, but she did not, have the opportunity to meet Eliseo. She was turning 4 when she moved in and now, she is already 6 years old. How fast it is.

She knows it is hard to love again. She struggles to find love as the exit route of this great depression. She knows when she is on it, there is no turning back.

Vivienne woke up with a smile on her face. She cuddles to her mommy.

"Good morning, mommy!" she greeted.

"Good morning, sweetheart. How was sleep?"

"It was good, mom. How about yours?"

"It was also good, sweetie."

The truth is insomnia hit her hard last night—no, insomnia always hits her every night. And she cannot battle it only with herself. She tried to count 1-100 until she falls into deep slumber, but it was not worth it.

Adaline cooked breakfast for the both of them. It was a full English breakfast. Vivienne has been asking her to cook this, but she was too lazy. She just wanted everything to be quick. But, she realized Vivienne deserves everything. She is a child —so young, so hungry, and so precious.

"You okay, mom?" Vivienne noticed her sudden silence. She can smell her mother's emotions.

Adaline smiled at her, reassuring her, "Mom is just too worn out, love. Do not worry about me. I will be fine."

"Okay, mommy. I love you."

"I love you, too, love."

Vivienne was too obsessed with Frozen II. She is so smart enough that she can recite Olaf's line with emotions. This made Adaline so happy. They talked about Frozen and after Frozen, there is a little bit of Sofia the First and then Frozen again and of course, Sofia the First. Such precious things for her daughter.

Adaline bathed Viv and after that, she let her daughter to do whatever she wants.

Adaline heard three loud knocks on the door. She got up and opened it. It was Carmela. She hugged her tight.

Carmela chuckled, "You just saw me yesterday, you girl."

"I missed you. That is all."

"Wow, Adaline. Since when you get this open to me?"

"Since yesterday?"

Carmela settled herself in. Adaline's house has been her house too.

"You should turn on the TV and watch some Fifty Shade of Gray," Adaline said as she reheats the pasta that she cooked last night. This woman who dared to be here without food on her stomach..+