Chapter 6 - Training Begins

Cole and Obi headed deep into the forest. They only had 30 minutes before everyone had to re-convene. Obi noticed a large, beautiful glade in the congested forest, and the two stepped in to look for something to fight. While they searched for something to fight, Cole made a little small talk.

"How's your sister doing?"

"Well, I took her for a check-up yesterday, she had a few small tweaks done to her arm."

"What about you? Doc prolly said something."

"Oh, you know Doc. She gave me an ultimatum and a final date for my leg replacement."

'Damn dude. I know how much you love her, but you should think of yourself too ya know?"

"Don't get me started again, Cole. Drop it."

"Aight, don't ya get jumpy now."

Cole unsheathed his sword and mentally turned on his HUD. Seeing this, Obi was about to do the same when a massive spider landed on his head. He screamed and flailed as he tried to get it off, and Cole finally found the opportunity to get it off and kill it.

Once the tension wore off, Cole reached out his hand and helped him up. After a few seconds, Cole began to chuckle, and they both broke into all-out laughter.

After the light moment began to wear off, Obi checked his Experience bar.

Exp: 77,890|79,000

"Hey, I'm only around a thousand away from level 80! Let's get cracking."

Cole headed forward again when he saw a few more spiders. It was easy to get rid of them, maybe even too easy. They kept walking and found a massive cave entrance.

"Hey, if there are so many spiders, there should be a spider boss in here somewhere."

Obi stopped walking. He was terrified at the thought of spiders and mortified when he saw them. He had nightmares, and he did not want to re-live them.

"Oh c'mon. I'll be right there, just follow me."

Obi reluctantly agreed and they trudged into the cave. For the first few minutes, all they saw were small spiders no larger than their heads. After picking them off, they kept continuing deeper and deeper. Once another few minutes had passed, they could hear a rough scuttling in front of the, what seemed like nearly hundreds of spiders.

Obi began to hyperventilate as he saw them pour down the congested tunnel. There were hundreds, even thousands of the creepy 8-legged arachnids. They knew they wouldn't be able to fight the spiders off, and so they turned tail and ran. Thankfully, they were faster than the spiders and were able to sprint back out without a scratch.

"Damn, Obi! That was supposed to be a low-level boss battle. I've never seen anything like this in Fern Forest!"

"Well, who knows? We need a good mage to take that down."

"Agreed, we can't do that on our own. How about we head a bit further in? It's only been around 10 minutes."

They continued deeper into the forest, talking and exchanging stories. They soon came upon a troop of goblins and immediately hid behind some massive trees.

"Why are there goblins in the forest, this is fishy. First the spiders and now the goblins."

"There is something wrong, Cole, and look, the Chief is level 27. This area is only a level 5-10 zone!"

"We better get rid of the group before they terrorize other players."

Cole and Obi kept sneaking around the goblin's camp until they reached the back of the encampment. Obi nodded, and Cole whipped out a dagger, sticking a firm throw straight into the back of a goblin. Cole and Obi both looked impressed.