Chapter 1

I walk through the school gates with a deep sigh. I put on my confident face, a resting bitch face if you may.

As I'm walking through the hallways of this new school, lots of students look at me. Few of them give me weird looks, while others just blankly stare at me.

I quietly, yet confidently, make my way to the principals office. Confidently you may ask? Well, I don't want to be seen as a wimp, someone weak. Having a reputation of being shy? Sure, I don't mind that, but people thinking they can pick on me? Think again.

I finally find the office after walking through the whole school, it felt like. I quickly knock on the door, and an almost immediate response, comes from the other side; "Come in." I hear a mans voice say. I hesitantly open the door, but I'm greeted by a friendly smile, coming from -I'm guessing- the principal.

He's an older man, probably in his forty's, if I'd have to guess. He looks a bit worn out, but has this calm, joyful aura.

"Hello..." I say while stepping inside. "Ah, hello. You must be the new student. Am I right?" He asks and holds a hand out for me to shake. "Indeed, the name is Chang Seoyeon." I answer back, while stepping forward, shaking his hand. 

"Well it's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Chang. I'm Kim Namjoon, but you can call me Mr. Kim." He said smiling. As he smiled, I noticed a little dimple on his cheek. 

"So, I was here to get my schedule?" I ask, and look Mr. Kim in the eyes. He seems to realize something, as his posture straightens a bit. "Right. Just a moment." He answers while quickly going into his desk drawer, digging after something. I'm guessing he's digging after my schedule. I tug at the strap of my backpack impatiently. "Ah, here it is." He finally says after what felt like an eternity. -it was only ten to fifteen seconds, but they felt long, okay?-

He hands me a paper with; time stamps, days, and classes written on the paper. "Thank you." I say and give him a light smile. "No problem, now go on. Don't want to be late now, do we?" He says and gives me a light wave before returning to his computer.

I walk out of the office, and see that only few students are left in the hallways. Shit... I think to myself as I quickly take out my phone and look at the time. 08.59. It says as the screen lights up. I hurry further along the halls of the school, but then... RIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGG... Even more shit... I once more think to myself, as I eventually find my assigned classroom. 30C. It says on top of the door. 

I take a deep breath before I step inside.

As I open the door and take a peek inside, I can already see that the whole class' attention is on me now. Great.

"Right on time. Right class, this was the new student I was just talking about," Even better, she was talking about me beforehand. "Would you mind introducing yourself to us? I'm Mrs. Choi by the way." She says while giving me a light smile, signalling me to draw my attention to the class infront of us. I gulp once, before opening my mouth to speak. "Sure. Uhm... Hello, My name is Chang Seoyeon, and, uhm... I hope we'll all get along." I say and smile lightly while skimming the whole classroom, before looking at the teacher again.

"Very well, thank you. You can take a seat next to... Lee Eunhye. Miss Lee, could you raise your hand?" She says, and I follow her gaze to then look at a girl who quickly raises her hand, while smiling at me. "Alright." I say, as I make my way to the girl, supposedly named Eunhye.

As I take a seat, I can still feel a lot of eyes on me, if not all eyes in the classroom. 

"Alright class, eyes on the board please." Mrs. Choi says, and soon the class' attention has gone to her and the whiteboard.