DR Easter Finale: Afterimage (Mostly Platonic Hiyoko, Mahiru, Kazu, Fuyu)

It had been hours since they had signalled everyone out with a "3... 2... 1... Go!" The day was coming to a close. Mahiru was just picking up a few last minute shots— the lighting from the evening sunset was too good to pass up on. Hiyoko, on the other hand, was making mad cash. She had spent all of her effort trying to find the special eggs with money in them. Once she had gathered as many of those as she could possibly find— totaling up to 14,000 yen— she realized she could make a fair profit selling some of the extra candy she'd found. That plan was getting slightly trampled upon by Mahiru needing to constantly find interesting perspectives. Mahiru reminded Hiyoko that she could go off on her own if it would be more convenient, but Hiyoko insisted on staying.

Kazuichi wanted more candy. He'd spent most of the day on the Easter building competition, so by the time he got to hunt for eggs, the pickings were slim. Luckily for him, his best friend was super nice (and too embarrassed to admit that he liked sweets), so he forked over a small portion of his findings. Fuyuhiko was grumpy that this asshole had somehow managed to coax him into sacrificing some chocolate again. Neither one of them particularly desired to deal with Hiyoko's overbearing attitude, but both of them were unsatisfied with the amount of candy they had. So, begrudgingly, they approached the two.

"Yoooo! Hey, girls!" Kazuichi greeted.

"Hey, shit-for-brains!" Hiyoko snarked back, a childlike grin on her face.

"Let's get this fucking over with. Kazuichi wanted a couple chocolate bars. You got anything or not, pipsqueak?" Fuyuhiko demanded coldly.

"You're one to talk! At least I'm still growing!"

"You little—!"

"Hey! Calm down, everyone. There's no need for any of that, so get your act together!" Mahiru scolded gently.

"Sorry, Mahiru," Kazuichi apologized, giggling guiltily.

"I'm not. I figured a pig like you would be all over me for candy!" Hiyoko giggled snidely.

"P-Pig?! I know I have a lot of sugar in my diet, but I'm not... fat, am I?! Am I getting fat?!" Kazuichi freaked.

"You are not fat, dumbass. Far from it actually," Fuyuhiko guaranteed, "so get a grip."

Mahiru looked Kazuichi once-over. "You are filthy, though. Boys are so hopeless sometimes," she sighed indignantly.

"I've been building all day! I can't help it, y'know!"

"But you can help that chocolate on the side of your mouth. Jeeeeeez, you're so unaware. I guess I'll fix it." She took out a handkerchief from the pocket of her shirt, wet it with a water bottle, and wiped his face clean. He went red from embarrassment.

"A-Anyways, can you just get us a price for the candy?" Fuyuhiko changed the topic swiftly.

"Yeah! 150 yen per bar!"

"Kinda pricey, aren't ya, you little—?" he held back, not wanting to be yelled at again.

"I'll cover it for you guys," Mahiru swooped in.

"100 yen per bar!" Hiyoko chimed. The boys glared. But their faces changed when Mahiru presented them each with two chocolate bars. They broke into accomplished grins, and Mahiru took her shot.

"What the heck?!" Kazuichi asked.

"Sorry. Just wrapping up. You guys can come check them out if you want. Just don't give me any of that, 'It's amazing!' crap, okay?"

"Yeah. We'll give you insightful comments," Fuyuhiko agreed. So off they went. The photos, full of smiles, were a thoughtful way to end the day.